_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
P-47M
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 03:54 PM UTC
Hi All,

I've just joined and here is my first entry:

Kit is 1.72 scale Revell of Germany. Aircraft painted with Polly Scale colors. British azure blue, blue, and aluminum on bottom of airplane. Represents late war aircraft of 56th fighter group, 63 fighter squadron flying in April and May of 1945. Kit went together well, with exception of wings attaching to fuselage, to large a gap for accuracy. Decals went on easily and cockpit detail is average.

Here is my second, a Bf-109: Messerschmitt

Here is a comparison of the models, you may be able to tell the difference in size of these opponents.

To Thine Own Self Be True

Siderius
A.K.A., RTA
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 09:27 PM UTC
I would rather be flying the jug, more protection incase of an accident. I like the blue camo scheme. Very catchy and differant. Great job!

~Chip
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hi Russel!

Yes the camouflage of the P-47 is unusual... you get some bonus points for originality from me!

Jean-Luc
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 02:31 AM UTC
Strange, I have built the same kit, with no fit problems at all. The wings fitted flawlessly. Your build looks great. I remember my model being the D-model. I have M-version as well, bought it to get one national insignia which I messed up in the first kit.

Are you using an airbrush? That blue looks like it's airbrushed on. Nice variation and transitions.
Darson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 247 posts
AeroScale: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 02:43 AM UTC
Love the T'Bolt it's my favorite aircraft and yours is a beut (that means great )

Cheers
Darren
 _GOTOTOP