_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Blackhawk Question
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 12:59 AM UTC
I have here a 1/35 Academy UH-60L Blackhawk. I got ref pics of the interior of the MH-60L. Question is, does the UH-60L and MH-60L share a common interior? How about the exterior of the UH-60L and the UH-60A?
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 01:31 AM UTC
The A model and L model are basically the same aircraft. The L has some upgrades in engines and other items. The only noticabe change is the step fairings under the pilots' doors, where the horizontal struts for the landing gear attach are wider on an L by 10" to accomidate roll stabilizer bars. Interior is basically the same with a few different gauges on the L.

The MH is a Multi-role, Special Operations aircraft. The MH model can have a few other added features. Most notable is the square, folding tail. Also, it can be tailored for mission specific needs with such things as FLIR, different radios, weapons sytems, outfitted as a DAP with ESSS wings and weapons, refueling probe, internal or external Aux tanks, etc. It also has a different instrument panel, with digital gauges.

Depending on which Academy version you have, there are quite a few addittions to make it an accurate L model. The UH-60L kit is actually closer to an A model with a partial HIRSS set-up. The AH-60 DAP (actually an MH-60L DAP, US Military doesn't use the AH-60 designation) is close to an L, but still has A model, narrow, step fairings in front of the landing gear. The MH-60G also has the same issues as the DAP. Cobra Company makes corrections for all of the above, and then some, as well.

You can see my UH-60L and MH-60L DAP at my Showcase III below. I used some of the CC correction/detail sets on them. Here is the build thread on them too. It gives lots of info on what changes, corrections, and upgrades I made on them. Let me know if you need any more help.
 _GOTOTOP