_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
AH1-W replacement parts?
Tapper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 664 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 02:42 AM UTC
I know there are not a whole lot of choices when it comes to aftermarket parts for Academy's 1:35 AH1-W Super Cobra . I have the Verlinden cockpit and Eduard exterior PE but I was wondering where I can find a good replacement red cherry(like the type on cop cars) and where I can get some good decal/film gauges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 07:03 AM UTC
Tapper,
For the gauges, well here’s what I like to do. I’ll go through auto parts catalogs and cut out gauges or use spare decals for other kits such as cars or aircrafts. I’ll drill out the dials and glue what I found behind the instrument panel. When it dries I’ll apply Future Floor wax into the drilled out gauge to simulate the dial lens. I usually would put in a drop let it dry, put in a drop let it dry. You get the picture, it builds it up. There are some on-line sites that sell gauge decals, mostly early aircrafts and jets. Here’s a link to one.

http://flightdecs.ca/A_mikegrant.html

Here is the Cobra "W" instrument panel,

For the red navigation light on the top, well I haven’t really seen a replace part for the part. If your looking to replace it I suggest using Ever Greens clear plastic rod. Cut it to size, drill it out but not through it. Then add a drop of clear red paint into the hole.

Tapper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 664 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 - 07:56 AM UTC
Those are great ideas, Mother. Thanks for your help!
 _GOTOTOP