_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
My Airfix Stuka saga continued........
MegaJim1000
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 04:51 AM UTC
I have a thread in the Rivet Review forum but this place seems to be more active. Here's a link to the original thread and below are some updates.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/59374&page=1

Here's the 99% completed nose section. Lots of filling, fitting, scribing, riveting, spot priming, sanding. I hope to give it an overall coat of Mr Surfacer 1000 by the end of the weekend to help tidy up any blemishes. As you can see the nose section cracked off the fuselage but in the long run made working the subassembly much easier. I will epoxy it back on after I'm done with the wings. The flaps are giving me a bit of trouble and it looks like I'm going to have to scratch build some hinges for the wings to look symetrical. I can't wait till I'm done with this! I want to get going on a nice relaxing build already.

Murdo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
AeroScale: 211 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 07:14 AM UTC
Hmm! In a fit of e-baying recently I bought the 1/24 th Stuka. Is it really as bad as you say?

I don't think I'm expert enough to do all that and it isn't a cheap model to mess up!
MegaJim1000
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 08:08 AM UTC
The pics speak for themselves. I wouldn't recomend this kit to anyone but a very advanced kit builder, or someone who wants to learn to be one (such as myself). I have surely learned alot from this kit. As much as I hate it, it's an excellent learning experience and as of now I fear no kit. I will be taking a short break from it now to regroup myself and build something less stressfull so that I can actually enjoy this great hobby again.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 07:28 PM UTC
Hi Jim!

I already said your build was fantastic so far so I won't add more...

I have a question though. Will there be any motor panel left in the open position? I ask you that because it would be a shame to hide all the great painting work you did in there!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP