_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
its stuka night!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2005 - 05:29 AM UTC
apologies for being late with this, but this kit needed a little TLC before i posted it up. now, this interesting history of this kit
firsts.
first kit built in my new house (5 years ago now)
first use of fishing line for radio aerial
first experiment with using thinned paint to accent panel lines (games workshop stuff, never used it since!)
now the abuse it suffered. three months ago i opened a window while i was doing a bit of spraying, it was a little windy. a box blew over on top of a wardrobe. that hit this stuka. that fell seven feet to the (carpeted) floor. BUT. the only damage suffered was a lost tailwheel and a wing bomb falling off. i could not find the tail wheel at all and gave it up as lost forever, until about a month later i noticed my cat playing with something on the floor. yep the missng wheel had come home! maisie was suitably rewarded with an extra big dinner, and i now give you............
THE KIT THAT KICKED THE CARPET-MONSTERS BUTT!

however whilst cleaning off the dust last night i forgot about the aerial, picked it up, snapped it off, and had to muck around replacing it
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2005 - 08:26 AM UTC
Nice one Phil I had forgot all about this.
Here is my Hasegawa 1/48 Ju87B-2 Trop. Built out of the box with the kit decals. It is painted with Xtracolor enamels.

Mal
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2005 - 08:42 AM UTC
Hi Phil!

This is my Special Hobby 1/48 Anton for the list. It was build OOB with Spanish Civil War markings.

more can be seen here

Jean-Luc
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2005 - 09:53 AM UTC
Hi guys. Nice lookin' Stukas there. This is Hasegawas offering in 1/48 scale. I used Eduards detail set and decals from Aeromasters Stuka bombers.
The bombs and crates are from Verlinden, thanks for looking and starting this great forum. Maybe this will catch on with other kinds of aircraft, Wingman out.
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2005 - 12:31 PM UTC
Here's mine, one day late :

It's the old Monogram kit.

_GOTOTOP