_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II: USA
Aircraft of the United States in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
New instruction sheets for AM Avenger???
archerwin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 106 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 03:15 PM UTC
did they released a new one? the instructions included in my kit, is not that good... more words that pictures/drawings... the drawings included are not good also... it's my 1st time to see this kind of instrction sheet. even the academy kits have better instructions...
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:28 AM UTC
Hi Erwin

Ironically, Accurate Miniatures are widely acclaimed for the quality of the instructions in their kits. They are almost unique in moving away from the "international" all-pictures style of instructions and returning to the "old" style with detailed accompanying text. Accurate Miniatures kits are quite complex and, while this may present an obstacle for modellers for whom English is not their first language, it really does pay to read the instructions carefully, as they are packed with useful tips and information. Italeri used the same illustrations, minus the text, in their re-boxing of the Avenger and I definitely prefer AM's originals.

There aren't any replacement instructions for the Avenger, but if you are having problems, try checking out the superb on-line build on the Accurate Miniatures website.

I hope this helps

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP