_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Power building
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 02:38 AM UTC
We've all heard of power naps, that quick 10-15 minute nap some of us take at lunch right? Well I just did some power building. In another thread (Too many irons in the fire) I listed some of my many ongoing projects. One of which was a build review for a new magazine for two aircraft. I was able to get two vital pieces if this project complete in the last 2 days. In a total of three hours time, I assembled two aircraft engines, two prop assemblies, and two complete cockpits assemblies, not to mention painting and weathering said items, along with the respective fuselage halves they go into. I can now make the deadline for the article. We will be shooting the pics of these tonight. Feels as though a great weight has been lifted....albeit somewhat slight, off of my shoulders. Now to tackle the other 1500 projects... lol. Just thought I'd share. "Q"
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
Personally, I think doing one (1) model at time, is more rewarding and you can really concentrate on creating a great plane.

Its like trying to watch 2 tv shows at one time, you switch back and forth with the remote, and sometimes you lose some of the details, if you normally would be watching just one show.

Hence, I only build one at a time
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 05:19 AM UTC
The planes in question are identical. Ones a Tamiya the other a Hasegawa. Its a comparison between the two. Nothing too difficult, it was something that needed done to move the project along. I think once I get our new house finished, it is going to be one at a time until all of my "projects" are done. Thanks. "Q"
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 - 05:34 AM UTC
I only build only one model at a time as well. I don't like having unfinished projects hanging around. I can see the need to build the two together if it is a side-by-side comparison though.
 _GOTOTOP