_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Lady Modeller, letter to SAMI
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 07:26 AM UTC
This is possibly but it is about model aircraft and the person involved models aircraft and will, hopefully, find this here.
In this months Scale Aircraft Modelling International (SAMI) a Lady modeller answered a query about there being no lady modellers. I sent a letter to SAMI to say Lady modellers will find a good home here on Armorama (it will be published in "Feedback, probably next month). A copy was sent by the editor to the Lady concerned and she has joined Armorama. I have sent here an email and PM'ed her to say look out for this thread on the aircraft forum.
Her callsign is camogirl (I wont use her real name that is up to her to divulge) so guys and gals a big welcome please. Penny and the rest of you Ladies out there, I've told her we have a great bunch of lady modellers already on the site so I will be pointing her in your directions
Mal
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 06:21 PM UTC
Hi Mal!

That's a great move! I read this letter in SAMI... I think we can learn a lot from women in our hobby! Lately a new "female" member exploded the records in the introduction forum. I know there are active women modelers here: Tankysgal1, GI_Babycakes, Vagnilia, Angela etc... (sorry for those I didn't mention ) and they do Armor, Planes, Figures, Dioramas etc... I'm happy to share this place with them!

Jean-Luc
OllieC-FWOL
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 446 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 01:25 AM UTC
Yeap, the more the merrier!

Welcome aboard camogirl!

modelcitizen62
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 326 posts
AeroScale: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 04:40 AM UTC
As long as we build, gender doesn't mean a thang :-)

Mike
 _GOTOTOP