_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of planes.
HeP1076 profile
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 07:03 PM UTC
Hi....
now I'm back I hope to continue with more profile features.
Just to ease back in the saddle...

A more conventional design that didn't make it, but plans where re-drawn for the Americans after the war.

I think its one of the prettiest prop fighter designs from WW2.

Cheers and thanks

Peter
:-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 07:33 PM UTC
Peter, nice to see you
Cool looking 46er
Mal
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 08:13 PM UTC
Hi Peter!

Nice plane indeed and great artwork!

Are the thin propeller blades meant to cut the enemy plane in pieces? :-)

Jean-Luc
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hi...

Mal
Just when you thought it was safe.... :-)

Jean-Luc
You are right.
The props do look a little on the thin side. I must correct that.
But I have not found anything in way of refs for the props.

I'm open to suggestions....

Cheers
Peter
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 12:25 AM UTC
Pete... I love seeing your paintings.....
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 05:14 AM UTC
hi peter! when you say the plans were redrawn for the americans did anything come out of that? nice to see your profiles back!
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2005 - 06:05 PM UTC
Hi Phil...

its great to be back.

I don't think anything came of the "American" versions of the re-drawn plans.
I cobbled this from Dan Johnson's Luft 46 site.

Quoted Text

In late 1944, the Heinkel firm designed this project to meet a RLM specification for a fast piston-engined fighter with an good high altitude performance. Designer Siegfried Günter used the He 100 design (which briefly held the world speed record at 746.606 km/h (463 mph) on March 30, 1939) as his inspiration. The He P.1076 was thus designed to have a very smooth surface, and used a surface evaporation cooling system on the engine cowling and the entire fuselage rear section.  The wing was slightly swept forward at 8 degrees and was constucted as a two-piece, two spar all metal structure. There were flaps on the entire wing trailing edge, with the outermost as ailerons and the inside ones as landing flaps. Three different engines were envisioned: the Daimler Benz DB 603M, Jumo 213E and Daimler Benz DB 603N. The landing gear retracted normally, the main gear into the wing center section and the tail wheel into the rear fuselage. A single 700 liter (185 gallon) fuel tank was located in the fuselage behind the pilot's seat. The cockpit was pressurized and was supplied with a clear-vision canopy. Armament was to consist of one MK 103 30mm cannon firing through the propeller hub, and two wing-mounted MK 108 30mm cannon. Although this project did not see the light of day (although Siegfried Günter completed detailed drawings and plans for the Americans in mid-1945), it probably would have been one of the fastest piston-engined propeller aircraft ever built.

It may or may not have had influences but by that time it was jets, jets, jets :-)

Cheers
Peter
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 07:11 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc....
Brillant GoP60 by the way.

Here is the re-worked keyline drawings, just sat in its underwear...just needs a short jockey.
Never mind the Russian front its the "Y" front that's the problem with no sign of "trollies".

Your comments, and anyone elses would be most welcome.
I've just noticed that on the plan and side views the props need to be contra' ed. The front view is correct I think.

Thanks and cheers
Peter
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 09:35 PM UTC
Hi Peter!

Now it's better in my opinion and the contra-rotative effect is indeed more present. I don't think the blades should be bigger though... not as much as those of the BV 155 (see model at Fliegerhorst's website .
Talking about Fliegerhorst. If you check at their website they have a special offer for november: if you order three kits, you get the cheapest for free! I'm really tempted but promised my girlfriend to be more reasonnable about buying kits... Doh!
You asked me what would be my next Luft'46 project in a PM... well it will be more an "Armée de l'Air what if?" project: a scratchbuild Bugatti 100P (see the thread in the aircraft forum) But I have a 1/48 BV 212P in my stash just in case!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP