_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Yet another CH-46'er
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 11:25 AM UTC
Yeeep another Heli, but hey I just can’t resist. The 46 has some of the coolest, colorful nose art and I found this one to be the best so far. The Sea Knight I’m modeling belongings to the HC11 "Gunbearers" Det1. This photo was taken in the Arabian Gulf on Mar.21, 03

The decals where made from my good friend NEO. I mailed NEO with the art work, dimensions and sizes, then he scanned them to his computer and using a CAD program to tighten them up. They where printed using a laser printer.

As for the interior I used Ever Green Plastics, and some wire. Still not sure why I waist my time in here as once the fuselage halves go together you will not see the inside of the cargo bay. It was painted with MM’s dark gull gray, flat black, flat red and metalizers aluminum. The troop seat frames where made from 0.4mm rod, scratch built fire extinguishers and washed with a gray oil.

fbuis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ain, France
KitMaker: 447 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 11:39 AM UTC
The right photo:

Joe,

Awesome helicopter... (I imagine)! after the battleship.
What's kind of model that you don't built yet? AFV?

Francois
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 11:51 AM UTC
Thanks for posting the photo fbuis as for AFV's built many some years back. The only thing I haven't built yet...Si Fi or Space. I do have my eye on that new NASA space capsule. Thanks
Kencelot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 12:18 PM UTC
Looks fantastic Joe. Shame to hide all that detail when the halves are put together. Ever thought about putting an LED light inside to light up her innards?
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 12:28 PM UTC
Looking great as usual Joe, good job.
 _GOTOTOP