_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/48 Signifer JRF Goose Special Offer for USA
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 10:39 AM UTC
The French Short Run Manufacturer Signifer has currently a special offer for the modelers in the USA. The 1/48 Grumman JRF5 Goose kit is now available at the special price of 44€ until the end of the year! This offer includes one kit + postage via airmal + PayPal expenses.
I've build Signifer's Goose not long ago (see Review and Feature ) and I can say that for this price, you really have a great offer considering the quality of the kit.
You can check Signifer's website here

Jean-Luc
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 03:15 PM UTC
That certainly is a good price......
and I believe the kit you built is certainly a better looking kit than the CheckModel one. (which is collecting dust in the closet)..... :-)
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 03:47 PM UTC
Not to sound ungrateful, but are they having any other value packages for us yanks{I love flying boats, but the gooses are ugly}...sunderlands, B&Vs...
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 04:40 AM UTC
Oh great, here's another kit I "need" for a future build. I would really like to do one of the alaska airline gooses (geese) that draw decals have done markings for. Thanks for the info the price is great. I really want it and hope that I am (or someday will be) up to the build. Your feature will certainly help!

Leon
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 04:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not to sound ungrateful, but are they having any other value packages for us yanks{I love flying boats, but the gooses are ugly}...sunderlands, B&Vs...

In fact Signifer do like floatplanes. They first aircraft kit was a Short Sunderland in 1/48 scale!? But this all resin model isn't available anymore... doh! Maybe if many write to them they will reissue it? They also have an 1/48 CURTISS Seahawk SC (all resin), a GRUMMAN Widgeon J4F2 (all resin) and a DEWOITINE HD780 (all resin) available...

Jean-Luc
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 03:51 PM UTC
TedMamere, Thanks, I'll post and then take a look{I should've before}. The closest thing I've got from your neck of the woods is my Mach2 Do 26 and mach2 sure doesn't put alot into they're instructions.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 05:44 PM UTC
Hi Bob!

By the way, FM (Fonderie Miniatures) should release a 1/48 kit of the Dornier Do 24 T soon...

Jean-Luc
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 09:44 PM UTC
Jean-Luc, forgive my comment, but as they are for export and not liable to tax for export outside the EC anyway, it seems to my eyes at least, that it's not such a generous offer anyway..

That said, after having seen the images on the website (and your feature as well) I still think the kit is good value - even at full price!

My Credit Card made dangerous twitching movements the other day when I saw in a Spanish aviation magazine, pictures of the Goose in Spanish service with an absolutely mind-blowing color scheme and markings --- AAAARRRGGGHH!!!...Jim :-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 11:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jean-Luc, forgive my comment, but as they are for export and not liable to tax for export outside the EC anyway, it seems to my eyes at least, that it's not such a generous offer anyway..

Hi Jim

Well, I wouldn't mind a price like this - if I bought the kit from Hannants it would cost the equivalent of over 66 Euros + P&P. I wish Signifier would do a similar deal for the UK...

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 12:51 AM UTC
Hi Jim and Rowan!

Jim, normal price for USA would be 49,33 € without shipping and 3,5% PayPal. Special offer is 44 € with shipping and PayPal fees included.

Considering I live in France and I paid 65 € at my LHS (couldn't resist as I saw the kit ) , US modelers are fortunate to have the same kit for 44 € only !? It's 30% less... maybe I should move to the states to buy the whole Signifer range of kits! :-)

Rowan, I can send an e-mail to M. Meissonier if you want. Maybe he can make a similar offer to Armorama members... who knows?

Jean-Luc
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Considering I live in France and I paid 65 € at my LHS (couldn't resist as I saw the kit ) , US modelers are fortunate to have the same kit for 44 € only !

I withdraw my original comments - it's an incredible price

Quoted Text

Rowan, I can send an e-mail to M. Meissonier if you want. Maybe he can make a similar offer to Armorama members... who knows?

Don't even think of it - consider my domestic harmony..Jim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 10:25 AM UTC
Cheers Jean-Luc

I think we should try to sort something just to torment Jim's wallet!

Actually, I think we'd need to be able to guarantee a certain level of take-up before we could ask a manufacturer to do a special deal for Armorama members. But there is an idea in there for the future...

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 10:52 AM UTC
Hi Jim and Rowan!

OK! Let's keep up the idea for the future... :-) I am myself on a kit buying "diet". I had a real "bulimia" of new kits in the summer and promised SWMBO to calm down! :-)8
I just made a small relapse today as I saw an 1/48 Ocidental Spitfire for a good price at my LHS! Sorry Doctor!

Jean-Luc
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 03:38 PM UTC
"Domestic Harmony"...can relate! I believe the wife is starting to count my kits-OhOh!
I tell you what though, if sinifer put that sunder short back up for availability, I think my wallet and my {fill in the blank} would be in dire straights...wallet cause I'd probably get that hd780 and the sunderland...and me from the wife. Make it a sunder long and I'd do it in a heartbeat...I remodeled the "doghouse"! :-)
 _GOTOTOP