_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of planes.
Mirage 2016 1/48
KeroJP8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Seine-et-Marne, France
KitMaker: 439 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 10:07 PM UTC
Hello everybody,

I have nearly finished my strange project, the Mirage 2016, which is an attempt to mix 2 kits in one, they should never have met... well I had 'em melt !!!

Photos are better than a long speech :

And the whole background story, as well as more pics are to be seen there : http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=7426

Hope you enjoy !

Comments welcome !

Regards,

Richard
KeroJP8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Seine-et-Marne, France
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 12:36 AM UTC
Hi all,

Really no comments ?

Regards,

Richard
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 01:03 AM UTC
Salut Richard!

Ooops! Celui-ci est passé entre les gouttes!

Maybe this one was too strange for us all! Anyway it's a great model and I would consider entering it in one of the forthcoming MoM contests!

I have two remarks. The plane has three air intakes in that version... the engine must produce a lot of heat! And talking about the engine, why is the exhaust of it directed to the ground? For faster take off?

The camo and orange markings are great!

Jean-Luc
KeroJP8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Seine-et-Marne, France
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 02:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Salut Richard!

Ooops! Celui-ci est passé entre les gouttes!

Maybe this one was too strange for us all! Anyway it's a great model and I would consider entering it in one of the forthcoming MoM contests!

I have two remarks. The plane has three air intakes in that version... the engine must produce a lot of heat! And talking about the engine, why is the exhaust of it directed to the ground? For faster take off?

The camo and orange markings are great!

Jean-Luc

Hi Jean-Luc, hi all,

Why not entering in in a forthcoming MoM contest ! Good idea ! As soon as finished I'll enter her !

About your remarks, here is the backstory of the aircraft, in which you will find potential answers... :
"By the year 2000, Dassault and Lockheed Martin decided to cooperate building a brand new aircraft out of spares they had in their catalog. The reason is they could neither export their too expensive latest (Rafale) nor could they develop alone a cheap aircraft for use in the 21st century's market. Thus was the Mirage 2016 born...
Dassault brought its latest Mirage 2000D in, and Lockheed, the ultimate variants of the ageing F16, to give a low cost, highly efficient multirole fighter bomber.
The vector thrust technology being very well dealt with and dominated by 2005, the Franco-american joint-venture licensed built the Snecma M53-2016PV engine, that offers some 15 tons of bulk thrust with AB and a vectorial exhaust nozzle allowing incredible manoeuvres, and that's downed when the engine is off. The fact that the Mirage sports cannards, may have endangered the airflow to get in the intake by Dassault, therefore the design included from scratch the F16 intake, to prevent the engine from stopping in high G manoeuvres... thats the only reason, no overheating recovery...

Now we're in 2010, and Egypt is the first country that has ordered the Mirage 2016 to enter its Air Force."

Imagination... great, huh ?

Regards,

Richard
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 10:26 AM UTC
Hey Richard... yes, this explains a lot! I didn't imagine you would come with such a detailled (and realistic) answer! :-) Thanks, seems convincing to me!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP