_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Gisi of Jasta 17
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 08:44 AM UTC
JackFlash to Armorama Airwing Base...

Greetings all;

I'm flying a new bird these days an Albatros D.V 4677/17. I finished it last year but just got around to test flying the old gal. The motor is a resin copy of the Pavala Mercedes D.IIIaü 180hp inline six. It was done from the Eduard 8109 kit with some aftermarlet items added. The Lozenge is Eagle Strike 5 colour the best of the available items on the market today in my opinion.

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi JackFlash!

Nice Albatros you've made! The idea to post real pics of the plane is excellent and shows how much work you put into your model... I like the wood effect as well.
Could you post a picture of the wings to see the lozenge decals in detail?
Do you plan to add the specs. writing on the fuselage side? And do you know what the "lever" in the middle of them is (on the B&W picture)

I hope I'm not asking too much questions... I'm too curious sometimes!

Jean-Luc
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 07:06 AM UTC
Greetings TedMamere;
The "lever' is actually the extension tube for a flare gun. The angle kept the pilot from firing signal flares in the wrong direction. I added this and the weights table at a later date. The lozenge is the typical "very dark" 5 colour type employed by Albatros Werke in 1917 - 1918. It is a decal that comes in strips that I and others helped Eagle Strike design.

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 07:16 AM UTC
Hi again JackFlash!

Thanks for your answer about the flare gun. I knew you had the answer Also thanks for the additional pictures...

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP