_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
REVIEW
  Mitsubishi A6M3 and A6M5c Zero
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 02:24 AM UTC
Jean-Luc Formery (TedMamere) takes a look at Tamiya''s elderly, but still very good, 1/48 scale Zeros.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 03:57 AM UTC
Thanks Jean Luc and Rowan, a neat review as i have 3 Tamiya Zero's in my stash, plus the floatplane version.
Andy (++)
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 04:09 AM UTC
Nice to see reviews of older kits.
Would love to see more member pick up on what Jean-Luc started, and start reviewing some of these older kits so the site has these for the benefit of newcomers to the hobby.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 05:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would love to see more member pick up on what Jean-Luc started, and start reviewing some of these older kits so the site has these for the benefit of newcomers to the hobby.

Hmmmmmm...well, I am close to finishing the Tamiya Rufe (Zero floatplane). It lacks the underside color and decals, otherwise is ready to launch. This began before I began documenting builds for review.

If one of you can supply the pix of the parts on the sprues, I will supply pix of the plane beginning now.
betheyn
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 05:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hmmmmmm...well, I am close to finishing the Tamiya Rufe (Zero floatplane). It lacks the underside color and decals, otherwise is ready to launch. This began before I began documenting builds for review.

If one of you can supply the pix of the parts on the sprues, I will supply pix of the plane beginning now.

Give me an hour as i'm watching the footie and i'll take some pics. Where do you want me to send the pics ???
Andy (++)
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi all!

I didn't thought this would start a "zero" fever! :-)

Thanks Rowan! I hope you didn't sacrified your free day... I'm afraid to say that ... but there are a few words missing at the end of the summary...

Dave, that was the idea I think basically all kits that weren't reviewed should be reviewed... to the great pleasure of our editors! More seriously, some older kits are real bargains! The first time I saw these Tamiya "Zeros" for such low prices I asked myself what is the problem with them? I bought all three to make myself an idea and wasn't disapointed! For 45 € I have 3 models and 7 figures (sitting pilots not included). If I buy an other one + resin figures I would have 1 model and 3 figures for almost the same price!?

It's too bad manufacturers don't include figures in their kits anymore. I have 150 kits in my stash and I'm sure not 20 have additional pilots or ground personal (would be interesting to do some statistics). As these figures would not represent that more investment for manufacturers, I assume this is only a commercial strategy... sadly for us modelers!

By the way, you can see in this month's MoM how the Tamiya 1/48 "Zero" looks like once finished...

Jean-Luc
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 07:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

there are a few words missing at the end of the summary...

Sorry Jean-Luc

Aaagh! There's a word-limit on the summary... they appear on the preview, but get deleted when the review is published! It's the bane of my publishing life. :-)

I'll get it fixed...

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP