Bf 109 E 7
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 02:52 AM UTC
Hi fellows:

This morning I was able to load images in my gallerie. I know Jim was working hard to finish the migration to a new server. Thanks Jim for your time and effort.
Here are some pics of my last Bf 109 E7 from Tamiya in 1/48 that I want to share with you all.
Coments will be welcome.

airwarrior
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
AeroScale: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 03:48 AM UTC
I like it, especially the exhaust stains. However I would like to see a dark wash on the wheels, they look a little flat.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 10:38 AM UTC
Hi carlos!

As David said, I would put some dirt (little) on the wheels... but apart from that it's an excellent build! I also like the base, is it a resin one or did you made a custom one? If yes, could you explain us how you did?

Thanks and congratulations for your model!

Jean-Luc
moJimbo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Shah Alam, Malaysia
KitMaker: 986 posts
AeroScale: 32 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 12:24 PM UTC
.....aircraft + base = outstanding build carlos... i like it. try adding one or two figs, it'll look even better...

ta.
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 12:52 PM UTC
Great job, I got one sitting and waiting to be finished! Love that planking to!

~Chip
13b
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2005 - 09:43 PM UTC
looks realy good!
i noticed that the decals on top of the exhaust did not take the weathering. .......i just hope i can build mine half as good.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 03:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like it, especially the exhaust stains. However I would like to see a dark wash on the wheels, they look a little flat.

Thanks David. Looking at them now I agree that they look a litle flat. I`ll do the wash.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 03:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi carlos!

As David said, I would put some dirt (little) on the wheels... but apart from that it's an excellent build! I also like the base, is it a resin one or did you made a custom one? If yes, could you explain us how you did?

Thanks and congratulations for your model!

Jean-Luc

Thanks Jean-Luc. I took note about the wheels.
The base isn`t a resin one. I made it myself. I`ll try to explain how I made it.
I glued two square pieces of wood, then I made the floor of wood tables where the aircraft is standing, it`s made of balsa wood. I cut it in litle pieces (about 5 cm each) and glued them with white glue to the base. Then I completed the sourranding terrain with waste of wood also glued with white glue (in spanish, "waste of wood" = "aserrìn"). After that I diluted white glue with water (30 % glue / 70 % water) and spray it over the "aserrìn" to fix it and make it hard. Then came the pain job, first the terrain and then the balsa wood. I used acrylic paints aplied with a Paschee airbrush.

Hope you understand my english.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 03:42 AM UTC
Thanks moJimbo and chip 250.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2005 - 03:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

looks realy good!
i noticed that the decals on top of the exhaust did not take the weathering. .......i just hope i can build mine half as good.

That`s why when I finished the weathering I felt there was too much and I applied a tup`s wash in the upper yellow nose too remove some of the dirt (chalk) of the exhausts.
This Tamiya kit is a very good one. It goes toghether fantastically and with a little of care the result is excellent. Sure you`ll make a very good model. Show some pics when finished.
Thanks pavel
 _GOTOTOP