WIP: Trumpeter 1/24th P-51D
PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 10:56 PM UTC
Greetings all.
I started the Trumpeter 1/24th P-51D a few weeks ago and have been trudging along slowly with the help of a lot of book and internet resources... and spare electrical wire.

I'm building per the instructions and trying to fill in many of the areas that seem to be missing from the kit. I will attach photos of the work I have done on the V-1650 so far. I'm only detailing the right side as I do not intend on displaying the left side (I'll be using the clear nose section).

Anyway, the engine block seems a bit undersizes, but there's not much I can do about that. Additionally, unless I'm wrong the exhausts are all wrong and fit horribly. I have a Contact Resine set on the way, which I hope solves that problem.

I am currently looking for additional photo/digarm reference for the area between the engine and the firewall as this area seems awfully bare as is. I've added some of the major lines, but I need references to add many more (from what I can tell). If you have any refs that would help, please contact me.

Thanks for the help. Look for more photos in the future. I stared working on the seat today and realized this will take some work as well. Hopefully this doesn't end up in my growing stash of partially built stuff....

CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 11:10 PM UTC
Hope these can be of some help / use

_GOTOTOP