_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
REVIEW
  Eduard's Bristol F.2B Nightfifgter
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 01:11 AM UTC
I have been wanting to try my hand at a WW1 aircraft for some time. I''m glad that I have mentioned the fact a couple of times because certain elements on the site coluded to furnish me with Eduards Bristol F.2B. A wonderful package and I hope to be building my first WW1 kit very soon.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Teacher
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 01:23 AM UTC
Excellent review Mal! Makes me want to do, not just a wingy thingy, but a wingy thingy with 4 wings! :-)

Vinnie
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 01:47 AM UTC
Thanks Vinnie, I've had it ready to go for nearly 2 weeks but with the server move then me not being able to upload to the Gallery it's a bit late.
It's a very nice model and I'm itching to get started on it but my spray booth is still inop and is likely to be until into the new year. Come the Christmas break though I want to get started on drilling the wings for the rigging. I recken with that done the rest will be a breeze I'm intending to do it as an online build on the IPMS site
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 01:58 AM UTC
Nice one Mal

I haven't read it yet - I'm just delighted to see you've battered the gremlins into submission!

All the best

Rowan
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC
hi mal! a word of warning, WW1 aircraft are VERY addictive! that box art alone would tempt me to buy this model, even though 1/48 isn't my preferred scale. in the review you mention about the rigging diagram not showing double wires,in my eduard Dh2 kit double wires are shown simply as one line, but in a different colour to single wires.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

in the review you mention about the rigging diagram not showing double wires,in my eduard Dh2 kit double wires are shown simply as one line, but in a different colour to single wires.

You had me looking again Phil, but no indication of double wires. I guess some won't be bothered but I know about them and can see them on the box top art so some of the information is there, although you need to search for other references to confirm. I know that Jackflash will probably point me in the right direction so I have no worries
I can see how WW1 stuff gets addictive, I will be doing at least a Sopwith Camel, S.E.5 and DH2. Then of course I will probably have to do some German stuff as well
Mal
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2005 - 12:51 AM UTC
if your're going to tackle a DH2 i guarentee the next thing you build after will be WW2 and oob :-) i have one still almost finished waiting for that final bit of rigging and the mg adding thats been in this state for about 2 years!
just checked, it was actually started for the age of aces campaign in july 2003! and still not finished!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2005 - 11:51 PM UTC
DH2, Phil, I think your just whining :-) or maybe I'm just a glutten for punishment If I crack the rigging on the F.2B then I will have more confidence for the DH2. I'm planning on including turnbuckles on the F.2B, so maybe I am a glutten for punishment.
Mal
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 03:33 AM UTC
whinging! me? never! of course you do realise that after admitting how long i've had it on the go i'll have to pull my finger out and finish it!
M.O.M. january 2006, here i come!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 12:43 AM UTC
I dare ya
Looking forward to it
Mal