_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
instrument panel decal
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2005 - 02:48 AM UTC
I have a question about instrument panel decals. I'm almost finished with my Spitfire from Hasegawa and on that model I put the decal directly on top of the instrument panel. The result ............ I'll glue the canopy shut on this model.
Question: Do you guys sand off the dials and gauges on the instrument panel before you install the decal so that it will lay "flush" or am I missing something? Yes I used microsol and future and blah blah blah.....
Thanks
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2005 - 02:59 AM UTC
Hermon - I usually put that decal in place before I install the cockpit in the airframe, or even before I install the panel in the cockpit, that way I can "nurse" it the fit. A little late now I know but next time.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
Hermon, on some instrument panels the gages are to clustered to form over the raised gages and dials, even with using Micro Sol solution. You can go about it to ways, 1) is to sand of the raised gages and dials and place on the decal or 2) drill out the dials and then keeping the decal on it's paper, place it behind the instrument panel. Doing it this way will give the dials some depth and llok more real. Just glue the dry decal on the back of the panel, then put in a drop or two of the Furture wax in to the dial to give it a glass look.
 _GOTOTOP