_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
How are you going to display your Chinook?
Havoc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 02:08 PM UTC
Howdy, Folks,

Well, I am pretty excited about the pending release of Trumpeter's CH-47A Chinook. It sure looks like it is going to be BIG!!

Any ideas as to how are you going to display your Chinook? Tossing around ideas like a Jacob's ladder extraction, troop deployment on the ground, sling loading a 105mm etc. but most likely, given it's size, I will probably end up hanging it from the garage ceiling and hoping the next earthquake out here in California does not claim it as a casualty...

Hopefully, this one will be a success and lead to a CH-46 Frog and CH-54 Skycrane!!

Merry Christmas!!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B
gcdavidson
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 05:48 AM UTC
I'm thinking a Bravo-Two-Three Landrover 110 rolling out onto the billiard table
Havoc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 09:49 AM UTC
The billard table is a nice --- and necessary -- touch, Storm! Lots of possibilities from Vietnam up through the present...

Aloha,

Johnny B.
FBXray
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 04:41 AM UTC
I've got the Hobby Fan Navy Seals zodiac boat. I've seen where the chinook will have the tail in the water with the ramp down and the boat just zooms on in. I'll have to rig some sort of support rod to hold the huge beast at an angle, but it will look great and be a little different from the above mentioned ideas.
mdools288
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 05:31 AM UTC
Where can I find that Hobby Fan zodiac boat? I've been looking for one, and was just about to scratchbuild one.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 02:07 AM UTC
I have all my references and some personal photos together, and even started working on my web seating. I’m looking forward to the D’ model as I want to built it into the one we used at Ft. Wainwright, Alaska during Operation Brim Frost. Plan to put in two squads, 10 men in each with sleds, skies, Yukon stove, ten men tent and other equipment. I’ll never forget the time we almost went down hard. The back ramp was open and the rear chief was standing looking out, I remember this as I wanted to stand there and look out myself but it was not permitted. We go over this mountain into a valley when the Chinook started shaking real bad and then it just seemed that we dropped. All of the equipment and most of us was thrown all over the cargo bay. I didn’t see the crew chief fall but I did see he get up and go towards the cockpit. A few minuets later he was back explaining that we had hit some turbulence and everything was fine. I thought yeah, ok. That sure was one wild ride, one I’ll never forget.
blkhwkmech
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 02:12 AM UTC
it is called a Delta Queen

it is used by the SOAR to remove small teams and there zodiac
Salvo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
AeroScale: 9 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 02:19 AM UTC
I plan on displaying mine on the local hobby shops shelf still wrapped in the plastic. I am sure the kit will be to expensive for my blood. HAHA

Later,
Ryan
FBXray
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 02:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where can I find that Hobby Fan zodiac boat? I've been looking for one, and was just about to scratchbuild one.

I bought mine several years ago online thru a vendor. Hobby Fan is still around, but I haven't seen the boat in a while. I ran across one on Ebay a while back. Pretty pricey though. there is an old kit with a couple of frogmen and a zodiac. can't recall if it is Revell or italeri
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 02:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

there is an old kit with a couple of frogmen and a zodiac. can't recall if it is Revell or italeri

It was the Italeri Zodiac w/Frogmen set. Great little set. It comes up on Ebay quite often.

There was also the Revell UDT team w/ Zodiac and Frogmen as well.

There is one of it on Ebay now.
somtec
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 421 posts
AeroScale: 29 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 02:56 AM UTC
hi
there is a hobby fan zodiac on ebay, not cheap
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hobby-Fan-1-35-US-Navy-Seal-w-Clear-Sea-Base-Resin_W0QQitemZ6031258066QQcategoryZ2588QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
its not mine just saw it whilst looking for other kits.
cheers
peter
 _GOTOTOP