_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the year, question.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 03:01 PM UTC
I'm about to get the MOY (Model of the Year) sorted but have a small dilema and need you imput to make the correct decision.

The first MOM was in January, but it was conducted in a different way to the current format. Members were asked to choose a model from the site that they liked, from anywhere and anyone, except their own, and put it forward for the MOM. At the the time no gallery folder was made but I have found the thread where the pics are. I can copy the pics and put them into a gallery folder, no problem, but some pics are now missing, so it would not be complete. The voting was done via the "Survey" board on the home page and is now gone. We were, at the time just looking for the 1st place and I know what that is, because it was my Hawker Typhoon 1b, but cannot remeber the 2nd and 3rd place.

Question: Do I include my Typhoon in the MOY?

I had planned on the 1st placed models being entererd for 1st place MOY, the 2nd's for Second place and the 3rd's for third.

Question: Do you agree with this or should all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places have equal standing and all be elligable for the 1st place? ie, all the 1st, 2nd and third placed models from all the MOM's over the year, will be entered into a MOY.

Mal
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
AeroScale: 100 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 03:55 PM UTC
Hello Mal,
Maybe I'm not the right person to advise you because I only observe and vote for MoM but I think that 1st, 2nd and 3rd places should have equal standing and all be elligable for the title of MOY. Of course there should be also 2nd and 3rd place MOY. In my opinion above rules are fair.

Marcin
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 06:04 PM UTC
I was able to follow the MOM but not able to vote or respond to the board for some technical reasons. ( long Story).

Anyway back to the point. I think that the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners should have equal standing for the eligability for MOY. I mean just because a model came in second place in one month doesn't mean it should not be eligable for model of the year. Throw them all out there and let the masses decide.

Another reason being were there any repeat winners of MOM during the year? ( my memory isn't what it used to be). Would that be fair that someone could have say 3 models entered for 1st place alone vs someone that only has one?

As for your Typhoon If it meets the qualification you have set forth then by all means enter it. Maybe someone will remember who came in second and third before this kicks off.

Just my 0.02 cents

Paul
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 08:32 PM UTC
Id like to see the top three from each month all eligable for MOY personally.
And of course you can enter the Tiffie
What won model of the month for December? I havent been able to find the winner in the forum.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 09:25 PM UTC
Thanks for your imput guys, I won't comment, just yet, I'll wait until more have had their say.

Nigel, here's a link to the December MOM results:

Results December MOM

Mal
brandydoguk
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,495 posts
AeroScale: 643 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 09:48 PM UTC
I agree that all first, second and third placed entries should be put in the Model of the Year. Your Tiffie won the MOM fair and square so should be entered.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 01:07 AM UTC
Hi all!

I would also say just put all three in the same hat... even if this will make 37 models (Your Tiffie included of course) to choose from! aaaargh!

Jean-Luc
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 02:59 AM UTC
The more the merrier... I also think they should all go in, if a change is needed, we could change it next year.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 05:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The more the merrier... I also think they should all go in, if a change is needed, we could change it next year.

I concur.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 05:22 PM UTC
As everyone seems to be of the same opinion, me included, I will get all the Pics of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries together, in a Gallery.
I plan on putting a single pic of each in there (all three can be seen in the MOM galleries, apart from Jan 2005) I also plan on trying the voting system in there.

This wouldn't normally be feasable, as we enter 3 pics, but with just on pic this certainly will make life easier. I will try and do it soonest, but the FTP system is down and it will take an age to dowload all the pics.
I plan for voting to take place throughout January.

Mal
 _GOTOTOP