Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 12:15 PM UTC
Happy 2006!

The fuselage and wings and nacelles are all together, awaiting painting & mating.

Aside from the warped wing and some nit-picky items (to be detailed ASAP), this has been a easy model to build. However, Fine Scale Modeler's Dec. 2005 issue's review of it shows some fit problems around the gun bays. I wondered if the problem was the reviewer or the kit.

Here is my attempt:

There is a slight seam on the bottom of the rear fuselage. Scrutinizing photos of Sturmvogels, I found a 6 O-clock belly shot of one and noted there appears to be a seam there. So lest someone can convince me otherwise, I will not put extra effort into filling and sanding it. That belly seam ahead of the wings has got to go, though.
ADDENDUM As I archive this build, I will supply hotlinks to the build's other posts:

Trumpeter ME-262 Painting

Bad Fittings

Trumpeter ME-262 Wing-Fuselage Fit

Trumpeter Me-262 Progress

Trumpeter Me-262 Stalled

Trumpeter Me-262 Warped Wing

Trumpeter ME-262 Guns, Cockpit, Engines

Trumpeter ME-262 Gun bay

Trumpeter ME-262 with In-box Review
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 08:14 PM UTC
Hi Fred:

Nice bird you´re building there ! Your build looks very clean.
You´re right about the belly seam on the bottom of the rear fuselage. I consulted the scale drawings of the book "Messerschmitt Me262 - Arrow to the Future" by Walter J. Boyne, and it clearly shows that seam but it doesn´t shows the belly seam ahead of the wings. I also remember some Dragon kits in 1/48 that I saw and did´t have the last seam.
Please show us more pics as you progress
 _GOTOTOP