_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Academy 1/48th F-16C Cockpit done
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
AeroScale: 224 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 03:56 PM UTC
G'day guys
well i picked up this kit for 11 dollars from LuckyModel, thats alot off the usual 40 i'd pay for it here.
Was intending to do it entirely OOB, but there were a few minor things i just had to add to the cockpit.
Seat padding is simply milliput, nothing special.
Was hoping it would've had raised detail for the instrument panels, not decals, but oh well.
Anyways here we go, let us know what you reckon.
Cheers

Jurjen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 04:02 PM UTC
Yooooooo David,

Looking good mate! Ik like the shadings you have done. Will there been a figure on it?

Keep on the great work, can't wait to see your plane finished.

Jurjen
jazza
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 04:13 PM UTC
Pretty nice job there matey.

I would personally try evening out the seat a little bit as you can still see that its somewhat rough in texture.

The cockpit is excellent indeed!
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 04:18 PM UTC
G'day guys
Thanks for the feedback.
Jurjen, no there will not be a figure in the cockpit but i intend in displaying the plane on a tarmac base when finished, with some ground crew and a pilot nearby.
Jazza, i smoothed it out a fair bit, but wanted to leave it a little rough, as the padding i was replicating was a canvas like material.
Cheers
Hoss
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 11:09 PM UTC
Nice look!

Hey David, what did you make the straps out of....looks like foil. I have just recently come back to my love of model building and haven't tried my hand at thinking outside the "OOB." I am very interested at developing skills at detailing as I am in awe of the many masters out there! When last I was into models - which is more than a few years ago - I was an underfunded teen and we didn't have the excellent system of information exchange that we have now. Now that my wife and I are empty nesters and I have decidely more fiscal resources, I am gungho about the hobby!

As you say, "Cheers."
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 - 02:45 AM UTC
Yo Dave looks great. The seat detail looks super. Yeah it's a shame that it only came with decals for the instrument panels. You can always use small rod or stretched sprue to do your own knobs and switches. Looking forward to the next progress pics.
lestweforget
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 - 08:03 AM UTC
G'day guys
Thanks alot for that.
Kirby, the seatbelts are indeed aluminium foil. If you ever need any help or questions answered odnt be afraid to sing out, PM me or whatever, i'll help however i can.
Joe, yeah i thought about scratchbuilding the little details, but ran into two problems, A-there was just too many of em, and B-some where shaped i would really struggle with making at that small of a size.
Cheers guys
 _GOTOTOP