Revell 1/72 Mosquito B Mk IV
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 04:17 AM UTC
Hi fellows:

IŽm thinking in build this kit and have the chance to purchse at a very good price. Does somebody can tell me if this is a good kit, have fit or shape problems. I know this is a reboxing of the Hasegawa kit and I read somewhere that it is not an easy build, is this true? Did someone of you guys build it ?
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 05:58 AM UTC
Hi fellows:

Nobody knows this kit ???
Thiazi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 66 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 06:51 AM UTC
I found this review, hope its of some help.
http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/portland/971/Reviews/raf/mossie-biv-revell.htm
ukgeoff
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,007 posts
AeroScale: 101 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 06:58 AM UTC
I've just re-read a build article in an old copy of Scale Aviation Modeller International from February 2000. The builders only main problem was aligning the separate front of the engine nacelles with the section attached to the wing underside. You should note that some areas are not as well detailed as the Tamiya example. The undercarriage legs lack their guards, the radio and instrument panel lack any detail, just a decal for the latter. There may also be a problem with the canopy. I'm unable to get to the example I have in my stash but if I recall it is split vertically, fore and aft, which leaves a seam right though the roof escape hatch.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 09:59 PM UTC
Thanks Thiazi & Geoff !
The review of the Revell kit didnŽt talk very well about it, but this morning I suffered a Mosquito attack. I made up my mind and dicided to take the challenge so I went to my favourite hobbie shop and bought three Mosquito kits in 1/72.

Revell - Mosquito B Mk IV

Airfix - Mosquito Kit No. 3019 - With this one you can make the NFMk II, FB Mk VI or FB Mk XVIII. (IŽll bulid the FB VI).

Airfix - Moskito Kit No. 3062 - You can build the
NF Mk XIX,r the J 30. (IŽll buil de NF Mk XIX).

I know the three of them are not an easy build but if I can tackle them IŽll end with a nice collection of Mosquitoes in 1/72.

Think that IŽll start in a few days when I finish a Spitfire Mk Vb Trop in decaling process now.
IŽll take pictures of the progress and post them here.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 07:28 PM UTC
Hi all:

When I took a look at the sprues of the Airfix Mosquitoes and talked with a pair of modelers who build them, I dicided to quit the idea of building them and I returned them to the hobbie shop.
They have a lot of flash everywhere, various sink marks in the fuselage and the nose of the NF Mk XIX have shape problems.
For $26.- I got the Tamiya Mosquito. (Airfix where $10.- each one)

_GOTOTOP