_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Hello everyone!
LilAviator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 08:05 AM UTC
Hello everyone.
I just joined this site tonight. I am VonCudas son. He has been showing me around here for a few weeks now and we have both learned lots of cool stuff. I just started building models and my dad is helping me. I got 3 nice airplane models for Christmas. One of them is a 1/72 scale P-40 Alutian Tiger and I want to build it for the SHOW YOUR TEETH campaign. Is there any age limit to join a campaign? I hope not.
I am glad dad found this place. It is way cool and I know I will have fun here.

thank you everyone,
LilAviator aka Hunter
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 12:33 PM UTC
Hi Hunter and a big welcome to Armorama

How old are you?

I think I can talk for Jean-Luc, and everyone else for that matter, age has no bearing on entry to campaigns. On the contrary it is great to see youngsters taking up the hobby and you will get all the encouragement you need. There campaigns run for youngsters as well, so check out the campaigns thread. Welcome aboard
Mal
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 12:53 PM UTC
Hi LilAviator!

Welcome to Armorama! I'm very happy you joined the group!
To answer your question about the "Teeth" Campaign: NO! there is of course no age limit for the Campaigns... but you will have to build a model of a Flight Simulator first! Like the one Nigel (Lampie) posted in the Official "Show Your Teeth" thread! :-)
Looking forward to see your first model on Armorama!

Jean-Luc
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 06:11 PM UTC
Hi Hunter!
Welcome to Armorama.The most informative and friendly modelling website in the universe.Im sure your dad has bought you up to speed with just how good it is
Age is no barrier,,hey,they even let an old git like me on here :-) and if you have a look at MOM December you will see that it was won by a 5 year old
Looking forward to seeing what you are build.

Jean-Luc,,
Quoted Text

there is of course no age limit for the Campaigns... but you will have to build a model of a Flight Simulator first! Like the one Nigel (Lampie) posted in the Official "Show Your Teeth" thread!

what a good idea.If Rector junior doesnt feel up to scratch building the trainer Im sure you'll be more than happy to maufacture the parts and mail them over to North Carolina for him to assemble and finish off
Happy Modelling (lemonade of course!
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 05:56 AM UTC
Hi Hunter:

Welcome aboard, have fun and and ask whatever you need to know about modelling, here youŽll find the answer.

Regards
LilAviator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 06:13 AM UTC
Hi everybody!
Thank you for the welcomes.

Holdfast, I am 11 years old. I'm glad that I can join the show your teeth campaign! I'll do that right now. I will also check out the ones for kids if my dad will get off the computer long enough for me to look around.

Tedmamere, you won't get to see my first model. It was covered in gluey fingerprints and my puppy kind of chewed on one of the wings. Don't worry though because you will all get to see my second model since I will enter it in the campaign. :-)

Lampie, dad said if Tedmamere sent us the parts for the trainer that he would help me build it but only if you sent enough paint and decals to finish the project. ha ha ha :-) and thank you for the lemonade.

Dad is going to take a picture of my Alutian Tiger before I start to build it so we can post a picture for the campaign.

Thank you everybody

LilAviator
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
AeroScale: 209 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 06:27 AM UTC
Welcome to the site young one..... New modelers are always welcome here...
 _GOTOTOP