_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
REVIEW
  AH-64D Apache Longbow
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 04:56 PM UTC
HunterCottage (Brian Kuehn) takes a look at Kangnam''s impressive 1/35 scale AH-64D Apache Longbow.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 09:06 PM UTC
Good review, but the Kangnam kit is not really that great. As stated, the cockpit glass is grossly too thick and over oversized, it doesn't fit well at all. The model is not a true D model either. Kangnam simply took their mediocre A model and added larger (incorrectly shaped) sponsons and the radar masthead. The cockpit is still an A cockpit too, or an attempt at one. It is still missing a lot to be a correct A cockpit as well. The kit doesn't really go together too well either, requireing a lot of filler and sanding. I found it to not be worth the money due to the assembly problems and incorrect details. The shortcomings of the kit have been discussed at length over at FineScale Modeler Helo Forum. If you are looking for more opinions of it, just post about it there and you will get some good replies.

If you are looking for an accurate AH-64D longbow, this isn't it. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

To the casual observer, it does look like an Apache Longbow though.
 _GOTOTOP