_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Spitfires Comments Welcome
klimmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
AeroScale: 207 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 02:13 AM UTC
Hi there all. I have been visiting this site for quite some time now and admiring all the great work.
I thought I would take the plunge and post some pic's of my current build. 1/32 Spitfire Mk Vb's: 1 with figure and 1 with just the photoetch belts and aftermarket decals.
Please have a looka and give me any suggestions on how I can improve.
I still ahve to finsh decaling and then start weathering.

Thanks for looking

Ted

Yayo01
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 11:26 PM UTC
you could try Aircraft resource Center

i found it very usefull since im a beginner
18Bravo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
AeroScale: 101 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 07:05 AM UTC
I think you're on your way to a very nice model. The camouflage is nicley done. It' a little soft in areas, but if you read my post on Spitfire cammo you'll see why this actually might be more true to prototype. The decals went on well since you properly applied them over gloss. Just don't forget to wipe off the decal glue spots before continuing. The only thing that really jumps out at me is what appears to be a major seam in front of the cockpit in the first picture. It might be just trick of the light. The wing roots, my least favorite part of model aircraft, look good too.
Well, okay, the other thing that jumps out is that figure. Aircraft figures are notoriously bad. I'd think of a resin replacement, or just leaving it out entirely to show off all that work you did in the cockpit.
Something else occurs to me-
On a future project, you may want to sand off those raised panel lines, and either try your hand at rescribing them, or drawing them on with pencil.
klimmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
AeroScale: 207 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 03:43 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments. I would agree with you guys about the figure, but unfortuantly, I can't take the figure out, I built this Spitfire for a friend of mine and he wants the figure in. I have now completed both Spit's. He wants his "musium quality", so I will leave it without any weathering. I will post some pic's in the next day or so of both of them for your review. I have used Testors dullcoat on both, now I would like to do some 'post shading on mine'. I could use you advvise on the best way to go about his.
Mech-Maniac
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 53 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 06:33 AM UTC
Nice spitfire, agree about the seam line in the first picture, and the figure seems to sit a little high.
 _GOTOTOP