_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/35 decals
pfc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
AeroScale: 41 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 03:19 PM UTC
Hi folks just finished my 1/35 Panda UH-1D well everything but the decals they are the type that have a clear sheet over the front that is supposed to peel off when the decal has stuck properly in my opinion they really bite ! they are not cooperating at all well to say the least they are trashed I would like to find water slide without the clear peal off . They dont have to be the exact thing as long as they are UNITED STATES ARMY any divisions will work.

Thanks PFC
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 12:30 AM UTC
I don't know of any 1/35 aftermrket helo decals. You could try writing away to Academy/MRC for a replacement set to one of their 1/35 UH-1C models. By the way, how is the Panda Huey? I am still trying to get my hands on one.
Holocaust59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 113 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 05:00 AM UTC
The simple solution is to make your own. Use clear decal sheet and a colour printer. Of course if you want white lettering you're screwed, but other than that it'll work just fine.
You can scan a B&W 3-view of the Huey for the lettering or typeset it yourself. As far as I'm aware, only early (A,B and C models) had high vis markings with white in them. As you know, UNITED STATES ARMY usually appeared in black

How's that Panda Huey looking? Bought one myself and am waiting to finish off my U-Boat model before I start on it, as I've too many projects on the go at once!!!
pfc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:18 PM UTC
tHANKS GUYS,
This was my second Huey I thought it went together very well except for the decals I am not real fond of that type. You may have to do some modification to the figures that come with I had to lower the door gunner seats a little and the co-pilot arm will not fit inside the huey .I ust switch when one of the door gunner arm the door gunner now appears to be pointing. Im doing a dustoff dio with rice paddies and a partial jungle scene.I have noticed while looking at pictures that some of the hueys dont appear to alot of decals I dont know if the pictures or just that some of them were plainer than others. HeavyArty have you tried greatmodels web store that is wre I got mine.

PFC
Holocaust59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 113 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 01:23 PM UTC
It sounds like your kit came with figures, is this correct? There aren't any in mine! Its the 'Air Cav' version.
pfc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 02:30 PM UTC
Mine is 1st Cav the crew was a bonus they are Dragon figures. Great models have them it says there out of production but they are there.

PFC
Epi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
AeroScale: 55 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 04:30 PM UTC
Guys,
When you look at the box top, there is a little red tag that says it comes with the figure set, otherwise the box tops are the same. And the sets come in both decal versions (WASP and 1st CAV)
Heavy,
If you cant get one, call my shop 817-267-0991 or go to our web sight and e-mail us. We have about 5 or 6 with the figures and 5 or 6 without the figurs. That was the count this past weekend.
http://www.hobbymaker.com
 _GOTOTOP