_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Hasegawa Harrier kit, any reviews?
chuckster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 289 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 07:31 AM UTC
I saw a 1/48 Hasegawa Harrier at my LHS and noticed it costs a lot less than comparable Tamiya or even DML kits. Is the quality still as good?
Hoss
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 09:43 AM UTC
Hi chuckster - I purcahsed the Hasegawa 1:48 scale AV-8B Harrier I Plus kit at Hobby Lobby some time ago but it is sitting in my "to build" stash so can't speak on the quality of molding. Seems I've seen a review on that kit somewhere and best I can remember it is s'posed to be a pretty good kit....which kit are you looking at exactly?

Hoss
chuckster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 289 posts
AeroScale: 16 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 09:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi chuckster - I purcahsed the Hasegawa 1:48 scale AV-8B Harrier I Plus kit at Hobby Lobby some time ago but it is sitting in my "to build" stash so can't speak on the quality of molding. Seems I've seen a review on that kit somewhere and best I can remember it is s'posed to be a pretty good kit....which kit are you looking at exactly?

Hoss

I believe we are talking about the same kit.
Blade26
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kozani, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 364 posts
AeroScale: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 03:27 AM UTC
Chuckster i had in mind to buy the same kit in the future!
I read an article in a magazine here in Greece and they gave pretty good score to it!!
They were pleased with the outcome and the overall kit and i liked the look of it to a place i wanted to buy it!
Cheers!
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 04:08 AM UTC
Hello Chuck,
Here is a very good review/build of a 1/48th Hasegawa Harrier done by Gary Wickham in Sydney, Australia.
After going to the link click on "on the bench" and look for AV-8B Harrier.

http://www.scalespot.com/

And here is one more,

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/harriergr7pds_1.htm

I have one about 65% done and did run into a few fit problems. If you need anything, questions and pics, give me a PM. I would recommend buying the kit and spending a little extra for a resin cockpit. The only major draw back with the kit is that there is a mold seam line running down the center of the conopy. Using some polishing cloths and dipping it into Future floor wax will fix the problem. I haven't looked around, but there maybe and aftermarkrt canopy made.
 _GOTOTOP