_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Trumpeter 1/35 Chinooks $109 postage paid!!!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 06:40 AM UTC
Kits Discount from France has them on Ebay for $109, air mail paid to the US. Their website shows them "in stock." Check it out.

Kits Discount website

100% positive feedback. Just search for 1/35 CH-47A. May have to give them some time to post up another one, but they seem to have a bunch. I know of a few others from FSM who have bought them and they keep posting another when one sells.

Mine is one the way!!
jazza
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 09:27 AM UTC
Definitely let us know how you get on with this kit once it arrives too. Any plans for it so far? ie: For a diorama?

If i build this one, i would fill the cargo bay with troops all the way.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 09:48 AM UTC
No idea what I will do with it yet. Once I get it, I'll let you guys know what I think of it and any plans on it then.
Herchealer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 10:30 AM UTC
If I get one. I might try something crazy, Like maybe a M1070 HET, delivering a broken one, that might be a little crazy, not even sure if it would fit on there. She might be too big for the trailer, or too heavy. Oh well If it is i will find something odd for my HET to carry.

let us know when you get it Gino, We all want the details!!!

Now if they would only release An MH-53, we would be in business.

Herky
TreadHead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
AeroScale: 370 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
Howdy Gino,

Many thx for the heads-up! on this one !

As you already know, I'm a big, big-scale fan. And I've been salivating over the idea of a 1/35th scale Chinook for quite some time now....so this bugger is definitely on my 'to get' list! Although I must say, I'm a bit hesitant to order from the company you listed, only because I've never dealt with them before.....are you sure they would be OK to order from?
And, how long do they say it would take to ship to the kit to the States?......just wondering if it wouldn't be potentially more prudent for me to wait until my LHS gets it in?

Tread.

Now......if Trumpeter ever decides to offer a 1/35th scale Sea Stallion, I'd probably pee my pants!...
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 01:09 AM UTC
Gordon,
Good to hear from you. Actually, I just got an email this morning from Kit Discount. Philippe, the owner, thanked me very much for purchasing it and told me it would ship Tuesday and should take about 10 days to get here to CA. Also said to let him know when I get it and if it takes longer. Sounds pretty good to me. We'll see how it goes.

How is your ATC(H) project going? Still have mine on the to-do list
 _GOTOTOP