_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Problem with voting MOM Jan06, please read
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 01:50 AM UTC
I've just been totting up the votes so far and I have come across a bit of a problem.

This is Blade26's vote (not getting at anyone but this is what highlighted a potential problem.
1.Anonymous 22F-4E
2.Modelci2000 Me-109
3.TedMamere Grumman.

When I double checked the gallery to confirm what his first was actually for it turns out that pic 22 is a picture of a real 747. Now I knew this was a real 747 when it was posted but left it in to do what I guess the poster ment it for, to show how lifelike his paint scheme was. However if the votes for this entrant are based on this pic as a diorama then they can't be allowed. The only way to determine this is for those that voted for this entrant to say if their vote was influenced by the pic of the real 747 thinking it was a diorama.
Unfortuanately the only other solution is to ban the entry of this, which is something I don't want to do.
This also causes 2 other problems; one, those that did vote for the 747 based on the real pic should re-vote (that option only), two I would have to have to stand down because, it seems likely that my entry would make the top 3 if the 747 was banned or the votes for it re-distributed.

None of this is an issue if all that voted for the 747 can catagorically state that they were not influenced by pic 22.

I would appriciate any ideas or thoughts about this. The voting will close as stated but the results will have to wait until this is sorted out. I'm not blaming anyone, noone is at fault here other than me for allowing the pic in the first place. Needless to say pics of the real aircraft will not be allowed in the future
Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 03:08 AM UTC
Hi Mal

I would allow the vote to stand this time because the difference between the real and model 747s is pretty obvious.

I think we need to make it clear next month that reference / comparison photos will be deleted, leaving fewer pics to admire the model itself by.

All the best

Rowan
Diablo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 04:06 AM UTC
I didn't vote,but did take a look at the pictures the first time they where put on the forum,and i dont know anything about aircraft,but even i can see that the first pic of 22F-E4 is a pic of a real aircraft.and the rest is not.hope that helps a little bit

greetings jeroen,.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 06:44 AM UTC
This is the reason I intentionally messed up the decals of my Spitfire by not using Future before applying them. Were it not for that, everyone would have thought my spit was a real plane

.........................I didn't win anything....did I?

Hermon
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 06:45 AM UTC
I voted for that one knowing that the one photo was a actual plane, 'comparison' shot. I would imagine that all who voted for it also knew, so I wouldn't worry about it as a problem. Thanks for always trying to be as fair as possible, though.

Leon
Blade26
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kozani, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 364 posts
AeroScale: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
Sorry for this incovinience Mal!!
I thought that Anonymous named his model this way and post it here so i voted it this way.
Sorry again!!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 01:21 AM UTC
Thanks for replying guys, the vote will stand, I just have to add Blade26's and I will publish the results.
jeroen, thanks for that, I was obviously being over cuatious.
George, not your fault. When I copy the pics for the gallery I give them a number that corrisponds to when they were entered, plus the owners name (anonymous has nothing to do with it), I do this so that the pics appear in the gallery in the order they were posted in the entry thread. There might be a little advantage in getting in first so I keep them in order. Those that were quickest off the mark will get any advantage there might be.
Mal
 _GOTOTOP