_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
2006 Air Shows
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 07:59 AM UTC
Hey guys
I've been thinking about taking the wife and kids to a really good air show this year. I've never actually been to one so this will also be a treat for myself as well. Can anyone anyone point me towards a good one between...say....March and August of this year? Preferrably within a days drive of N.C., maybe 3 or 4 hundred miles?

Thanks,
Hermon
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 10:25 AM UTC
Check this site out.
Herchealer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 12:38 PM UTC
I am sure that you will find one around there. I would recommend one that has the Blue Angels, and not the Thunderbirds. I believe the Angels are better, and I am in the Air force. The Blue Angels will be at Charleston SC on 8 April. Should be a good show.
Also the Thunderbirds will be at Seymor Johnson on 15 October.... Why not go to both and you can decide for yourself who is better....

HTH
USMarine
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 475 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 01:41 PM UTC
well if u have a few hundred + dollars lying around come over two south island new zealand we have a realy realy good air show its called "war birds over wanaka" must recomend and also great new zealand senery lol.

matt
Halfyank
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 06:22 PM UTC
That site Al put up looks pretty complete. Sigh, nobody is coming to Colorado this year. The one thing I can say is if you get a chance to go to one, DO IT! I went last year to the air show Peterson AFB put on in Colorado Springs. It was the most fun I've had outdoors in a long time. One thing the Air Force does, that I don't think the Navy does, is what is called the Herritage Flight. In the case of the show here that was where a F-15 and a P-51 showed off together for the crowd. It was really impressive and worth the trip.

_GOTOTOP