_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Trumpeter A-7
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
AeroScale: 403 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 08:45 AM UTC
OK, this arrived home today and I must say this is beautiful all the way till you get to the DECALS. The weapons load is more than you need to fill several planes( decal are all there and nicly done. The decals for the bird itself are the major issue. First up is the deaclas for VA-82 Marauders (Blue tails in the movie The Final Countdown) every thing is fine them till you get to the ones for the CAG's name " COL. JVD Springer" . Good news those the Kitty Hawk (VA-192 Golden Dragons are fine till they put some extra cheese into the Gold Dragon for the sides. BTW if you don't mind the looks of the dragon this would look great next to the academy F/A-18C released a few years ago in VFA-192 Colors.

Sorry guys that vented and wishing trumpeter would of gone back to Cartagraph for their decals. Is there anyone out there with an alps printer or other good decal making machine that could do some nice customs for me in 1/32nd?????? I'm looking for VA-85 Nimitz '78,'79, and '80 film cruise markings (these were the one in The Final Countdown.) My other coice would be VA-15 Valions in the Blue or lo-vis. I can try and pics maybe an img of the aeromaster sheets for days gone by.. Please any one save me from the damn decal work!!!!!!!!

P.S. I know Meteor ( cutting edge has proposed a sheet with the marking for VA-85 on the Nimitz at that time, but they did a survey because there doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for the parent kit itself for the decals to be made. If you get the newsletter from them please send them requesting them. It would save someone the trouble of making customs for their kits.
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 11:28 AM UTC
Anyone got a program and printer to do decals???? stug
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 08:49 AM UTC
one last bump
Recon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,571 posts
AeroScale: 109 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 08:54 AM UTC
Victory models I believe is also doing some A7E decals. You might want to check them out.
Recon
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 08:58 AM UTC
Hey Stug,
Try on some of the other forums.
I remember a couple of months ago someone else was needing custom decals and there were two or three people who stepped up to help. I think Mother, the fellow who does all the choppers got someone around here to make some up for him. Might be worth sending him a PM to find out.
I'm sure there are people around here who can help you out. Another idea would be to post a new thread with a different title. Something like....."Custom decals needed" would probably draw more attention since most of the people who can actually do decals for you may not be interrested in a Trumpeter A-7 and are simpily skipping over this thread without reading it.

Hope this helped a little man.
Hermon
stugiiif
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 09:46 AM UTC
Thanks guys I found the vicroy web page and they have some interesting stuff listed. I'll also see about a another thread in a few days. Thanks again STUG
 _GOTOTOP