Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1:32 Hasegawa Stuka
popaddy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 202 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 01:28 PM UTC
I'm just over from the Armor threads....
I picked up this kit today,it's always been a favorite. I wanted to use a winter camo. Are there any photos available, authentic or artistic depiction? And all though the decals look fine that the kit provides, what would be my alternatives? Thanks
popaddy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 11:57 AM UTC
Well, I did find a winter camo scheme, right here on site. I knew that, I just didn't remember seeing it here. thanks Pixilater!
I can't believe there are no responses with alternative decals! Is everybody checking in on these forums
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 01:12 PM UTC
Ryne,
There probably will be plenty of alternatives, soon, but as this kit has just been released the decal manufacturers are probably still working on them
I believe that the decals in the kit contain Rudels markings, he is the most famous exponent with the tank busting stuka and was the most decorated of all arms in the German forces. The winter camo dipicted on Bill's Stuka is Rudels machine, it is quite unique and, in my opinion the best looking winter camo to be found on any aircraft. So you could do a lot worse than using the kit decals with the winter scheme as shown on Pixilaters model.
Mal
popaddy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 08:32 PM UTC
Very good point, Mal. Thanks for the reply.
Personally,I feel building a well known version restricts "artistic license?" I'm a perfectionist but hardly perfect. Building a lesser known version kinda' takes the pressure off. I didn't realize that was Rudels' version(Pixilater) I think I could pull that camo off. Would kit supplied markings go with a winter camo?
 _GOTOTOP