_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Had Anyone Built These....
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 10:42 PM UTC
1/32 Trumpeter Mig-29M (or K)
1/32 Trumpeter Su-27
1/32 Tamiya F-4EJ
1/32 Tamiya F-16EJ
1/32 Tamiya F-14

The reason I'm asking is that I'm eyeing on these kits. Was wondering which has the best fit and detail overall. Since any of these 4 large planes would be my first, I don't want to ruin them. And yes, I'd read some reviews here on Armorama and on other website, but still needs your advice.

Thanks for the input
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi Ralph,

A couple of MOM ago a modeler entered a 1/32 SU-27 of the Indian A.F. Check back through the MOM, I know there was a 1/32 F-4, too.
Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 02:23 AM UTC
Some years ago I built theTamiya F-4 C/D Phantom II which was a great kit. I have just recieved the Tamiya F-16 C Thunderbird which will be converted to a Norwegian F-16 MLU and the kit looks excellent

Erik
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 03:25 AM UTC
Hey Ralph the Tamiya F-4J is a super great kit. I have one almost half done. Out of the box it's not bad, some minor fit problem that are easy to fix. The cockpit is a little off also. I bought Eduard's Phantom cockpit and exterior set to correct those small problems.The small investment is really worth it. It's best feature is it's one piece fuselage and wings are really impressive. It's only major draw back is it's intake ducts, the seam is just to hard to putty and sand. You can buy the seam-less suckers or do what I and many other do... use the FOD covers. I'm going to scratch build mine. I have a short in-box review in my profile, if you haven't already looked at it.

Joe
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 02:23 PM UTC
Thanks guys! Haven't been in this area for a while so I'm a little outdated in the MoM :-) :-)

Joe, yep, had read your reviews over and over on that F-4J and then I eventually liked it :-) :-)

Last question: which so far would be the easiest with less filling and sanding?
 _GOTOTOP