_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
F-16 Block 50 1/32 (academy)
liberator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 11:31 PM UTC
hi there, a straight out of the box aircraft..the F-16 from academy was a surprised..though construction was simplier than thier F-18 hornet..the aircraft is a must for 1/32 scale aircraft collector..upgraded,finer than the hasegawa's falcon plus. but lesser details than tamiya's F-16 block 50.

no PE parts and no diecast landing gears..careful with the struts and swing arms. fit problem on the upper and lower fuselage. pins and some panels lines were not aligned. i fixed mine by cutting unwanted pins(or pegs). then closing the fuselage with superglue and putty.

engine consist of front and rear details only. you can choose two different exhaust for different versions of the aircraft.

weathering and fixing the glossy decal is my next step. oh yeah..did i mentioned glossy decal? almost done with my F-16. comments and suggestion are welcome.

Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 11:49 PM UTC
A very nice job. I have Tamiyas 1:32 F-16 in my stash ready to be built into a Norwegian aircraft which partisipated in OEF.

Erik
liberator
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
AeroScale: 38 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 08:07 AM UTC
i have that too..i'm saving it for my next build. for now i'm figuring it out how to flatten the glossy decals. weathering will help and it's kinda tricky. then there's this cockpit seams..i like to try the wipe and shine or future for acrylics..but its my first time to try it. if things go wrong..academy provided a spare set..sepia tone cockpit. thanks man..hope to see your build anytime.
 _GOTOTOP