Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Did anyone call a cab?
Pixilater
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 231 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 09:23 AM UTC
I finished Eduard's 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 108B-2 Taifun ProfiPack kit today. This was a squadron "hack" for IV/JG 51.
The camo colors are WEM enamels, and I used the kit decals which are printed by Tally Ho. WEM's interpretation of RLM 71 is decidedly "browner" than the Model Master shade I usually use. I bought their entire line of RLM and IJN/IJA colo(u)rs, along with some Italian and US shades. These paints are probably best applied to a primer (something I never do), since it took quite a while to build the color uniformly. Sprayed with less thinner (but better coverage), it developed a rough texture.
This is pretty much OOB, but I opened one canopy hatch and added a cord to it. It was (and maybe still is) on sale at Eduard's website for $14.95. DEFINATELY the nicest fifteen-dollar model I've ever built !

Please forgive the dust. I must have the dustiest apartment in New England !
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 10:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Please forgive the dust. I must have the dustiest apartment in New England !

Oh will you shut up.......
Anyone who can turn a $15.00 kit into something this nice has nothing to apologize for.

Very nice build Bill, as usual. A question if I may. How are you getting that great worn leather look on the seats? I'm using rust colored paint with a wash of black oils but it looks no where near as realistic as what you have here.

Also, I checked out your website the other day. You've got some beautiful planes there. I hope you find time soon to finish the "tools and tips" and photography sections.

Hermon
 _GOTOTOP