_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Wrecked aircraft reference
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2002 - 09:50 AM UTC
Heres a pic I found of a Yugoslavian Mig-29 that was shot down.Thought someone would like to use it for future reference.Its a big image lol.

AIRB842586
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 261 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2002 - 02:16 PM UTC
That is a very big picture. It's also an excellent reference on several levels, while a beautiful picture of a wrecked MiG-29, it could be used to portray numerous a/c either destroyed or damaged because the exposed parts could easily be used to model any a/c. The whole picture could be an intersting diorama. Thanks for posting it!
Holocaust59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 113 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 07:46 AM UTC
Further to your picture, I have some bits of the ejector seat from one of the MiG 29s which collided at RAF Fairford a few years ago. I will try to get photos of them, they may be of interest to someone superdetailing a Russian plane's cockpit, for colour reference etc as I believe that seat is used in a number of Soviet types.
If this info is of any use to anyone, give me a shout. The bits are, as far as I can tell, part of the seat pan (it has a couple of plates with Cyrillic lettering on), also part of the B.T.U. the firing handle shroud, which is leather and an unidentified bit which looks rather like a long piston.
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 06:01 PM UTC
Yeah its also in the Sukhoi Su-27 models.My dad stole my Mig-29 seat for his Sukhoi lol.
 _GOTOTOP