_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
f15 finished with pics ( hopefully)
pod123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 187 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 04:35 AM UTC
hi all just finished my first aircraft model its a f15e in 1/32 scale this is my first attempt at spraying ever and its the first time i,ve done panel lines i used davey gray oil and black for this be grateful for any opinions if the photo doesn,t appear below its photos 00013 and ooo1 in my gallery if someone could add them for me i,d be most gratefull the model has taken me since the 20th december and i reckon well over 100 hours special thanks to john for the star decal and to all you on this site for hints and tips i,ve ;learned over the past 3 years hope you like and dont be to harsh it is my first attempt many thanks and
Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 04:44 AM UTC

I guess these where the pics you wanted to show? Nice F-15

Erik
pod123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 04:56 AM UTC
many thanks eric wish i could get it to work i,ll suess it out soon many thanks once again
jlmurc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 05:40 AM UTC
Hi, well at long last you have finished your project, did you find it really great once all was finished? When I built mine some years ago, it seemed at times that the end would never appear. Anyway looks good, you seem to have mastered the airbush as it is a really tidy job. Are you pleased with the way the Gunship grey came out in the end as to me it looks spot on, matching those that fly over my house on an almost daily basis. whats the next project the 1/32nd F16?

Regards,

John
pod123
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 10:33 PM UTC
hi john i painted the plane useing tamiya ts spray cans and lots of them about 25 in all i guess at nearly five pounds each because once i sprayed the main body i then decided i had to spray all the bombs and stuff as well as the result is so much better than hand painting
as regards the build itself yes it did seem never ending at times yet always enjoyable even all the decals i did intend to change the colour one time because i thought i,d loose some of the detail of the decals and the panels themselves as i always intended to do my first ever oil washing on panel lines as the effect is just a differant world again after seeeking advice here i stuck to the gun ship gray and are delighted with the colour
i intend now to purchase a airbrush and stuff and gain the relevant knowledgeand skill needed as spraying adds a lot more realism in my opinion when i have this i intend to build the 1/32 f14a tomcat again by tamiya till then its back to building battered old tanks where its easier to hide brush marks with weathering :-) :-) :-) many thanks john for the star you are a star !! and to all here for there time in sharing their knowledge allowing me to build my best model ever
many thanks gervais
 _GOTOTOP