_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Renamed Se 5a and LVG C types
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 03:39 AM UTC
Hi. Thought I would post some pics of some artwork that a friend of mine did. His name is Derek Lamparter. We work together at the same print shop. Derek is very into WWI aviation and is very talented. The color you see in these pics is a lot more vivid than the original painting. I think I didn't have the white balance set right. If you would like to write to Derek about his artwork you can reach him at this address, Derek Lamparter, 3270 Carlisle Road, Dover, PA,17315 U.S.A.

Thanks for looking, Wingman out.
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 03:43 AM UTC
Man! You're friend truely has a gift.
Beautiful.................

Hermon
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 04:04 AM UTC
Hi Michael

That's beautiful work! WW1? Something tells me JackFlash will be very interested in Derek's paintings...

If you or Derek would like to showcase more of his paintings on Armorama -drop me a line and we'll get an On Display sorted.

All the best

Rowan
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 04:59 AM UTC
Greetings all;

In the above paintings we see an LVG C.VI and SE 5a types. (German & British.) Though very, very decent I am forced to ask...what do they have to do with... Godwin Brumoski- Top Aviation Ace? The Autro-Hungarian pilot was indeed an ace but not represented here.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/austrhun/brumowski.html

The Se 5a has radiators for the Wolseley Viper but the Lewis gun mount is for the Hispano - Suiza engine type. It had a higher thrust line because of the gearing. So the Lewis gun had to be raised.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 06:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Greetings all;

In the above paintings we see an LVG C.VI and SE 5a types. (German & British.) Though very, very decent I am forced to ask...what do they have to do with... Godwin Brumoski- Top Aviation Ace? The Autro-Hungarian pilot was indeed an ace but not represented here.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/austrhun/brumowski.html

The Se 5a has radiators for the Wolseley Viper but the Lewis gun mount is for the Hispano - Suiza engine type. It had a higher thrust line because of the gearing. So the Lewis gun had to be raised.

Hi.The subject line should have, "Top Austrian Ace" I entered that wrong. I don't know if this makes a differrence. I know nothing about WWI aviation but I do like his work. Thanks for looking, Wingman out.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 06:28 AM UTC
SORRY guys. Don't know what the red X's are about, the pics were there a while ago. Wingman out.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 10:00 PM UTC
Please understand as it is not a criticsim it just confused me. Austro-Hungarian or Austrian is not the concern. The German aircraft LVG C.VI is richly coloured and the painter has captured its essence nicely. On the SE 5a types some types were modified for repairs when certain supplies were short. The fine lines of both machines are represented with impeccable proportion. So often we see art that has distorted measures. That is not the case with this paintings elements. I would n't mind at all having it on my hobby room wall. It would make excellent box art as well.
Removed by original poster on 12/15/06 - 18:28:49 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP