Hosted by Rowan Baylis
P-43 Lancer???
LuckyBlunder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 273 posts
AeroScale: 163 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 01:53 PM UTC
I thought it might be interesting to build the airplanes that led up to the P-47. I have an Academy 1/48th P-35 and a bubbletop P-47. I know I can get a razorback but I have been unable to locate a 1/48th P-43 Lancer.

Has anyone even seen a kit of this AC?
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 01:58 PM UTC
Hi Steve

Classic Airframes did a short-run kit. I think it's out of production, but I still often see it on the shelves in shops. It's one of their older ones, so don't expect it to be quite up to their latest standards, but I've still seen some nice finished models.

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 02:31 PM UTC
Hi Steve!

As usual Rowan was faster than me... :-)

The kit the magician is talking about is Classic Airframes 413-29.95 reference.
In the box you have two injected plastic sprues and a one piece injected lower wing, a bag with resin parts (detailled engine, cockpit and wheel bays), two vacuformed canopies (one spare) and a PE/Film instrument panel. Decals, printed by Microscale, are provided for an US or Chinese AF Machine.
The overall quality is good even if the injected plastic parts will require some clean up, especially the landing gear. Panel lines are engraved and nicely done. The resin parts are excellent and will give you a very detailled model out of the box.
To sum up, this is a perfect subject to try a short run kit!
If you want additional infos just ask. You should have guessed it, I have the kit in my stash. As Rowan said, it should be available if you do a little search. Otherwise, contact me, I may get one at an excellent Model Shop in Nancy.

Jean-Luc
LuckyBlunder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 273 posts
AeroScale: 163 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 03:18 PM UTC
Thank you, Gentlemen. I have been searching the web, and have several enquiries out. There's bound to be one eventually.

Jean-Luc, I may take you up on your offer if my search proves fruitless, although I don't relish the thought of shipping across the pond.

I just didn't want to start a search without knowing if the kit had even been made.

Thanks again, guys.
 _GOTOTOP