_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Revell Blackhawk
Nitro
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 34 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 02:02 PM UTC
Hi,

I'm about to start my Revell 1/48 Sikorsky MH-60L Black Hawk. Does anyone know if it is a good kit and if it needs some adjustment to make it a correct/good representation off the real thing?

Thanks
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 02:57 PM UTC
Davy,
I started to build that kit last summer. Its still in progress. Does the timeline tell you anything? All I can say is if you really want an accurate MH-60L DAP or MH-60K for that matter. You better have a lot of REF pics. You better choose a specific aircraft because the 60K & 60L has gone thru many changes and upgrades through the process. The 160th is the major user and they have required several upgrades & changes to their liking for Mission applications. The Revell kit has the ability to build 3 diff. MH 60's types, according to which parts you use. Mainly in the nose suite, Electronics, and antennas fitted. The weapons, are CRAP, not very accurate. better to Shop Cobra Company for his Detail and weapons sets. There is also an excellent Eduard set for this kit. I have managed to kit bash Academy and Revells kit to get a Better representation of a 160th MH-60. Each of the kits have their plusses in kit parts and accuracy. I can HONESTLY say there is NO Blackhawk kit I dont have in 1/48 scale. Some that aren't even sold anymore. I suggest you take your time and check as many referances as you can find. The squadron in Action and Walkaround books are Quite good. So is Iternational Air Power and Koko Fan. Good luck to you,and if you have any ? dont be affraid to shoot me a line.
 _GOTOTOP