_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
1/72 BF109E Tamiya
GROO
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 116 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 10:38 PM UTC
Hello everyone, it has been a long time since my last post in english so I decided to get back show my BF-109E.

I am new to this scale and I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

I followed a Verlinden Lock-on nš28!

Here you go, lots of pictures!
Cheers! Hope you like it.....

VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 04:38 AM UTC
Hey Daniel

Thats a very nice 109! Another member, Lampie, did one not long ago that is similar to yours. It is amazing to me how you guys do such nice work in 1/72 scale.
I like the weathering and stains you've put on your 109. If I had to pick out one thing to change, I'd say to try and tone down the shiny tires a bit.
This is one of the things that Lampie did to his 109 and was one of the first things that caught my eye.
All in all you've got a super nice plane there. Thanks for sharing it.

Hermon
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 04:48 AM UTC
Hi Daniel.
Thats a very nice 109 youve got there.
My 109 is the Airfix one in 1/72 and cockpit detail is non existent.
I was looking at the Tamiya 109 today and it nearly came home with me,but I ended up buying a Seafire instead,
That cockpit detail is very nice.How much of that is Tamiya?,,You say you followed VerlindenLock on 28.
What is that exactly?
Canopy masking caught my eye too.Very neat.Thats one thing I really need to work on but as Im only building my 5th aircraft at the moment its a slow process but Im getting better at it
Nice job
GROO
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 116 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 07:04 AM UTC
Thanks guys!

Hermon I wil try and run some pastel and flat varnish, the testor one on the tires.

The stains are have been copied from verlinden Lock On, a publication of Verlinden Productions or VP, and it has many pictures of the Bf-109.

Nigel if you google it you will find it! Some publications from VP can be found at your local hobby shop or at local IPMS library.

A lot of the cockpit detail is from Tamiya I would say 85%, the seat belts are pieces of the manual painted, I cut very thin, and paint and the varnish them. the wires and the duct are home made too, the rest is Tamiya!! Great kit, I painted the panel looking at pictures, it is easy beacuse everything is molded in high detail but you can place a decal if you want.

You can see more pictures of the interior at my photos

As for the canopy I drop it in Future floor polish, then I paint the metal parts and clean the mistakes with a toothpick. The future protect the canopy, just let it dry for a day before painting.

Cheer and thank you for your thoughts!!!
 _GOTOTOP