_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
The Goose is back!
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 09:26 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I just restarted on a kit that originally was ment for the "Medics" campaign. A Swedish Tp 81 Grumman Goose. Jean-Luc went on and finished his Goose (something that later rendered him fame and glory, since he nailed the MOM!), but I guess that I had other things to do.
:-)

The modell is the Grumman Goose in 1/72 by Sword. I knicked the skiis from another kit, and the beacon... well, I wasn't using the VCR anymore.

It's amazing what a couple of months of practice can do when you're a newbie. Picking up the semi-finished model I was amazed at the "sloppiness" and the many details that I knew that I could do better. I picked up my micromesh and my plastic card and went to work...

Anyhow - I've just painted a couple of layers of sweet orange. It is not easy to mix the right orange shade, but I think this one works. I used Tamiya's X-6 Orange toned down with some brown and a tad of red. Pre-shading was done in dark brown.

Cheers!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 11:15 PM UTC
Hi Björn!

Great to see that good old Goose again!
The orange color looks great and you found the right shade if compared to the pictures. I also like the pre or post-shading you did! It´s always difficult to bring a one color scheme to life and you managed to do it perfectly in my opinion. The decalling will be a real delight!
Do you plan to make a diorama? I mean you MUST do a winter dio with your ski Goose!

Great job! Looking forward to see it finished... soon!

Jean-Luc
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 12:06 AM UTC
Love that orange color PolarBear!
One good thing, when you take pictures you don't have to worry about adding extra lighting.
Nice job so far!

Hermon
Tigercat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 01:55 AM UTC
Did you have any problems with the kit? Are you going to lighten the paint on your scratch built wheel well inserts. Also which kit did you pinch the skis from?

Nice to see you continue trying to build every aircraft to wear Swedish markings.

David
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 07:40 PM UTC
David wrote:

Quoted Text

Did you have any problems with the kit? Are you going to lighten the paint on your scratch built wheel well inserts. Also which kit did you pinch the skis from?

The kit needs quite a lot of work. The injected plastic is rather soft and hard to handle. The fit is ok. The front window section comes in two clear parts, which causes a some problems, but having removed the masking tape I noticed that my result was ok. The skis are the same as the ones used on the Gloster Gladiator. I nicked mine from a resin kit (PH Production) of the Hawker Hart bomber (Swedish designation B 4). That kit is rather expensive. I know that Kora has produced seperate resin skis "for Gladiator" that can be used (they do not seem as accurate, though...). Also, the old Matchbox Gladiator Mk I/II has the right type of skiis.

And yes, Jean-Luc, I am planning a small, winter diorama.

Cheers!
Tigercat
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006 - 02:58 AM UTC
Thanks for the info on the kit.

A Hart and a Gladiator plaining a Flygflottilj 19 diorama?

David
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006 - 10:33 PM UTC
David wrote
Quoted Text

A Hart and a Gladiator plaining a Flygflottilj 19 diorama?

Well, one never knows when a Fighters under the Midnight Sun campaign might pop up!

Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP