_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
EZ Masks
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hi guys.
Did someone have used EZ Masks for masking canopies ?
Are they good ? When you pull them off does they leave residue over the canopy ?
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 08:02 AM UTC
Hey Carlos

I have used EZ Masks only once. I can't say the results were great. The masks in my kit didn't fit the canopy very well and they did leave a small amount of residue. I found out too late that a coat of Future on the canopy before masking would have taken care of the problem.
The last kit I did, the Yak-1, I used some parafilm and it worked like a charm. I'm still trying to find out where I can get some more of the stuff as what I was using was sent to me by another member.

Hermon
BugNerd
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 08:20 AM UTC
Any science/chemical supply can get parafilm for you Finally something I can help with :-)

http://www.vwr.com/index.htm

https://www2.carolina.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10101&langId=-1

I'm sure there are many others! Thanks for the tip, I have access to parafilm
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 08:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the tip, I have access to parafilm

Quick, send me a big roll! :-)
Hey seriously, this stuff is great. You can spread it out and make camo patterns out of it, mask wheels so you can paint the tires without getting black everywhere, the uses are almost endless.
BTW, thanks for the link! I'm going to have to get myself some more.

Hermon
newtothegame
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
AeroScale: 468 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC
Here is the link to the micromark deal on parafilm. The actually price is pretty good, but the set shipping price is a little high. If you could bundle it with something else you need, it is not that bad. This size roll is what I have and I figure it will last me years, if not the whole lifetime .

Leon

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=80806

As for the original question...I haven't used ez masks- sorry not able to help in that regard.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 10:54 PM UTC
Thanks guys. IŽll give a try to the EZ Masks but IŽll see if I can buy via Internet a roll of Parafilm.
 _GOTOTOP