_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II: Great Britain
Aircraft of Great Britain in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Mosquito FB Mk VI in Progress (4th post)
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 05:28 AM UTC
Hi Guys:
Here are more pics. I finished the wings and I build the landing gears. They were simpler than I imagined. The AC is preshaded and ready for painting. This is the first time that I preshaded a kit, hope I can make it work fine. Coments will be appreciated.

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 01:36 PM UTC
Hi Carlos!

Your Mossie looks very good so far! Did you make the black pre-shading for an overall black paintsheme? :-) Just kidding!
Jokes aside, how did you get straight black lines like that? Masking? Permanent Marker? I wonder how it will look at the end... will they blend nicely in the camouflage?
I will follow this build with great interest!

Jean-Luc
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 05:54 PM UTC
Thanks Jean-Luc:
I masked for painting the black lines of the preshading.
The scheme will be of the 143 Sqn Banff, so it´s Extra Dark Sea Grey in the upper surfaces and Sky in the undersurfaces. No camo patern just one colour in each side.
I´ll keep posting pics.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 01:13 AM UTC
Nicely done so far Carlos, it will be interesting to see how the pre-shading works, when masked like this. I must crack on with my Mossi.
Mal
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
AeroScale: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 08:11 AM UTC
Hi Carlos

Looks like you're makeing great progress on that Mosquito. I've been watching this one at every step. Lots of nice detail work you've done so far.
I have seen some planes preshaded with a permanent marker and they looked great. Have been thinking about giving it a try myself.

Great work so far.....keep at it.
Hermon
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 10:01 AM UTC
any reason you chose to mask the shading? do you have previous experience doing it this way, or is thisan experiment?
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nicely done so far Carlos, it will be interesting to see how the pre-shading works, when masked like this. I must crack on with my Mossi.
Mal

Thanks Holdfast. I´ll try to do it right. This will be my first preshading.
As you told me I used liquid cement for gluing the landing gears and it worked nicelly. Thanks for the advice.
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 04:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Carlos

Looks like you're makeing great progress on that Mosquito. I've been watching this one at every step. Lots of nice detail work you've done so far.
I have seen some planes preshaded with a permanent marker and they looked great. Have been thinking about giving it a try myself.

Great work so far.....keep at it.
Hermon

Thanks Hermon. This Tamiya kit is fantastic. Perfect fit and easy to build, even the landing gears.
Be carefull in preshading with permanent marker. I read that after painting, in a couple of hours the marker shows through out the paint. Try it first in some piece of plasticard or other surface.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 09:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Holdfast. I´ll try to do it right. This will be my first preshading.
As you told me I used liquid cement for gluing the landing gears and it worked nicelly. Thanks for the advice.

I'm sure you'll do it right Carlos, I understand why you masked for the pre-shading but, believe me, it doesn't matter how ragged the pre-shading is when done freehand, plus you get practice at spraying freehand. I'm interested in how neat pre-shading will look, it may well be the way to go, but it may also look..............well, too neat. I have part 2 of my pre-shading coming up next week, you find it interesting, as I now use a different approach

Glad you managed to sort out the undercarriage, it is nicely complicated. Mine is in bits after taking it to a show, which is why I'm dallying with my online build

Keep us posted.
Mal
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 02:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks Holdfast. I?ll try to do it right. This will be my first preshading.

I'm sure you'll do it right Carlos, I understand why you masked for the pre-shading but, believe me, it doesn't matter how ragged the pre-shading is when done freehand, plus you get practice at spraying freehand. I'm interested in how neat pre-shading will look, it may well be the way to go, but it may also look..............well, too neat. I have part 2 of my pre-shading coming up next week, you find it interesting, as I now use a different approach

Glad you managed to sort out the undercarriage, it is nicely complicated. Mine is in bits after taking it to a show, which is why I'm dallying with my online build

Keep us posted.
Mal

Hi Mal:

I was out the last 10 for a little vacation. I returned last Sunday and yesterday I begun with the paint job.
I´ll post some pics before the next weekend.

I´ll look for the second part of your preshading article. Sorry about the breaking of the landing gears, I would prefer not to build them twice.

Thanks.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 02:40 AM UTC
Welcome back Carlos.
I was wondering how your Mossie was going.
looking forward to the pics
Nige
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 10:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome back Carlos.
I was wondering how your Mossie was going.
looking forward to the pics
Nige

Thanks Nigel.
Yesterday night I finished the paint work. I´m satisfied with the result. I took some pics but I can´t load them in the gallery, so I can´t post them yet. I´m wondering why the the pics I´ve loaded previously in this thread can´t be seen. I supouse it´s a matter of the migration to the new server.
Toonight I´ll try again.
Regards.
 _GOTOTOP