_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
FEATURE
  1/48 Scale Figures & Accessories
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 05:56 AM UTC
Jean-Luc Formerey (TedMamere) begins a very useful overwiew of 1/48 scale accessories with a look at what''s available in injected-plastic, both as "bonus" items in kits and as stand-alone sets.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 12:43 AM UTC
Hi Rowan and Jean-Luc

really nice. I like the article.

One comment though:

I can't agree on the eduard figures. Mine are far inferior to the Dragon and ICM figures. Most have severe sink marks and the plastic material is "rubber like". Even the Preisers are better, though the material is similar.

best wishes

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 01:09 PM UTC
Hi Steffen!

Thanks for your comments!

You are right about the quality of the Eduard figures, they do have sink marks. This has been pointed out by Rowan (Merlin) in his review of the kit. Fortunately, they are almost all in the back of the figures an easy to fill. I still think they look as good as the Dragon ones and better than the Preiser ones "anatomically" speaking. The best, in my opinion, beeing ICM's RAF and Luftwaffe sets... the sculptor of these figures was a real artist!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 01:41 PM UTC
Thanks for the interesting article Jean-Luc

I think you are right regarding the anatomy, but I like the Preiser ideas and poses (eating soldier, canvas chair e.g.). A pity there is only two chairs in it. I also rate the ICM very high and I'm glad there will be two new boxes this year (one German and one Soviet WW2) see their catalogue at

http://www.icm.com.ua/Catalogue_RUS_2006.zip

I'm also hoping for this to appear:

cheers

Steffen

alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 02:08 PM UTC
Another hint

I'm not sure if I overread it or if you missed it. Some Dragon kits also had figures in it.

Ba 349A Natter with 2 ground crew and a table (and a nice Walther rocket engine)

Me 262 (with the big nose gun, version escapes me now as I do not have it) has some (?) figures in it and a ladder. 1 1/2 figures are in the Revell re-boxing. I also believe the Bomber Version had one or two crew members .... (also do not have it)

I will look for the Natter later and make some pictures ...

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 02:11 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

The best ICM figures are really superb aren't they! I'm also really looking forward to their new Aircraft releases - a Lagg 3 at last !) - and their Bf 109F has been a long time coming... exciting stuff!

All the best

Rowan
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 02:41 PM UTC
Thanks for a great review, Jean-Luc! I will try to write one later this year regarding figures and accessories in 1/72.

Everyone that has good info in this regard are welcome to contact me.

Cheers!
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 08:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I will try to write one later this year regarding figures and accessories in 1/72.

Hi all!

Björn that's the way to go! Unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet) I can't do reviews for 1/72 or modern subjects as I don't have any kits in that scale or era... so someone else has to jump in for these!
If you plan to do a features about 1/72 stuff (there are more available than in 1/48) you can start a thread to discuss this with Armorama members. I did so a few month ago and was pointed to many kits I didn't knew! This helped me a lot for the feature.
Steffen, thanks for all the infos! I hope the Soviet set won't be the one they already placed as bonus in some kits! Not that it's a bad one but a NEW one would be better! Of course I don't have all the kits with additional bonus figures and accessories. The feature was meant as a starting point for beginners wanting to do aircraft dioramas... like me at the moment! So I would be interested in every info about figures and accessories available in mainstream kits. Maybe one day I could update the feature...

Thanks for your interest!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP