_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
AC-47, AC-119, and AC-130 Kits
Austin0311
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 05:11 AM UTC
Hi all,

I just recently go the above mentioned kits and the Waco glider off ebay from Testors old stock. I'm a tank guy by heart but couldn't resist this beauties. My question is does any have info, build reports, etc.. on these kits? Does Squadron or Osprey or any other AM/research company have any books and such I can get? Thanks in advance guys...

Austin
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 05:13 AM UTC
I've built all of them over the years. They are great kits. I believe Squadron has books on all of them as well. No issues with the kits that I can remember. What scales did you get?
Austin0311
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 169 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 05:58 AM UTC
They are all 1/72. The Waco glider is pretty small and can fit on my computer desk next to my textbooks(criminal justice books next to war planes-talk about justice!!). The AC-119 is huge, the AC-47 is decent sized. I haven't gotten the Spectre yet but I know from building a C-130 from my youth that it will be a beast! Gino, I liked your Spectre that you posted on ML the other day. "Providing continous fire support" was a great line! I'll use it on my girlfriend when she comes home and sees it in a hovering orbit laying down suppresive fires...
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 07:39 AM UTC
Glad you like it. Show us some pics when you get around to building them. The Spooky is a really nice kit too.
 _GOTOTOP