_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
NEWS
  New 1/72 Lancaster Photoetch Now Available...
jimbrae
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 08:32 PM UTC
Just posted, by John Snyder of White Ensign Models, is news that their PE sets for the 1/72nd scale Lancaster, are NOW available. The full story, including prices and ordering details, can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jRatz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
AeroScale: 151 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 07:35 AM UTC
Great !!
According to John Snyder, I was pre-order #1 for the full set, so I should be able to sense it winging its' way toward me ... better go clear some bench space ...

John
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
how tempting are those! and i don't even have a lancaster kit in my stash
jRatz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
AeroScale: 151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 07:13 AM UTC
YES !!!

Arrived today !!! I got the full set of four (interior, exterior, bomb bay, and flaps).

Interior is really super with complete stations for all crew and turrets, and even the toilet. Of course, unless you have a visible Lanc, much of it will be hidden -- a similar problem I had with WEM's Sunderland PE set(s).

Exterior is similar to the Eduard set, but advantage is that it will work on either Airfix or Hasegawa. Same can be said for the Bomb Bay & Flaps, although I didn't put a lot of time into comparing them.

I think the WEM set will be my base set and I'll fill with a little Eduard stuff. Of course I've also go the new CMK resin sets to consider.

Anyway, the PE sets really look good -- and as usual, the WEM instruction sheets are just superb !!!

John
 _GOTOTOP