Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Info on discovery Wings CD...
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 12:14 AM UTC
Hi, I have the discovery channels "Wings, Midway to Hiroshima" Cd. The last time I viewed this disc was years ago and it was packed away till last night. I'm trying to view it now but keep getting "registry support is not implemented" every time I try and view it...tried it on both our computers{P3/ 500meg/ winXPhome overlay and the new P4/ 1.6gig/winXPpro} and tried it on my parents computer and all give the same error reading. It ran last on win98se on our P3/500meg. No other discs I have yield this error reading but this one. Doesn't work in CD my or DVD ram.
Does anyone else have this disc and is able to read it or have the same problem?
CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 12:17 AM UTC
WOW just dug my copy out yesterday for a look -- It only runs with Windows 98, won't run on XP. Thank goodness I had more than one machine to try it on.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
AeroScale: 289 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 09:10 AM UTC
That's what I was wondering...we overlaid XP on our 98se and the new comp has XP full. Must be something about XP that it doesn't like. Luckily I've got 98se still on disk and can load that on one of the old P3 450meg towers{after I get new hard drives for them}.
Thanks for the valued input...I remember that running on 98se long ago and would hate to have to toss it out...too much info on there to loose!
 _GOTOTOP