_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Model of the Month (MOM) April 2006
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 07:38 PM UTC
Post your entries for the MOM for April here.

Please read the following.
1. Do not forget to add information about the model, voters will be encouraged to check this out before voting and it may influence thier vote. New.......please put the info about your model in one place. I will only copy the first set of information to put in the gallery, so if you add a piece before each picture only the first part (above the first pic) will be copied.
2. Only post 3 pics, no composits and no pics of real aircraft (even for comparison)
3. Any model of an aircraft, from any era in any scale is elligable
4. Entry will be open until the 15th
5. Please comply with this (NEW), slight change this month
Please rename your pics using a number followed by your CALLSIGN. By this I mean the file name, this is because:
a. When I copy the pics into a folder on my hard drive I have to copy them with the original filename (so I can't change them when I copy them )
b. so that they stay together in the gallery and so that I don't have to name each pic and so they appear in the order in which they were posted I have to re-name each pic with the members callsign. You may imagine what it's like trying to get the 3 pics from each member together (50-60 pics in total with all sorts of file names and some not matching their mates).

So if you use a file name that begins with a number and has your Callsign you will save me about 2 hours work

For example my 3 pics could be 001Holdfast, 002Holdfast and 003Holdfast. I hope this is clear

Lets see if we can get an even better turn out this month and for the comming year.

Rather than wait until midnight on the 30th (which means I won't actually get to tally the votes until the following day after 19.00) I will tally the votes after 19.00 on the 30th. So voting will close at 19.00 7.00pm Sunday 30th April.

Mal
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 08:25 PM UTC
This is a 1/48 Italeri F-86 Sabre, built OOB. Painted in Alclad 2. Decals from the box.
The markings are for U.S.A.F- 336th FIS, K 14 Airbase, Korea 1952. According to my sources this plane was shot down.
Andy (++)

Thanks for looking
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hi all.
This is the Academy Fw190 D in 1/72. It carries the markings of Jv 44 Papagei Staffel,May 1945.Research shows this aircraft was abandoned and the cockpit burnt out at Munich Airport at the end of hostilities.
Top camouflage is sprayed freehand which was a first for me. I drilled out the machine guns and exhausts,and the wheel down indicators and pilots step were made from thin fusewire.A photoetch seatbelt was added as well.Paints were Humbrol enamels and weathering was pastels,oil washes and silver pencil.
The distinctive red and white underside makes it a nice addition to a Luftwaffe collection.

Thanks for looking and good luck everyone
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 02:30 AM UTC
Hi. This is my entry for MOM April. This is Amtech's 1/48 scale Ta-183 "Huckebein". First things first. The missiles on the wing pylons do not belong on this aircraft. I built, masked and painted the kit rockets and just didn't like the way they turned out. I decided to use some AGM-12B Bullpup missiles from Hasegawas Weapons Set B. The kit was basically built out of the box with photo-etch belts and some detail added to the top of the instrument coaming and to the area under the canopy. The gun ports in the nose were hollowed out along with the intake with wire mesh being added. A little detail and extra decals were added to the wing pylons. A small disc of plastic was added to the wheels to cover up the open hole where the wheel is attached. The antenna was made of stretched sprue that was heated underneath with a blown out match to tighten it up. ModelMaster paints were used along with the EXCELLENT kit decals. Thanks for looking, Wingman out.

archerwin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 106 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:08 AM UTC
Hi everyone! After a 3-month hiatus from Armorama's MoM, I'm back with the 1/72 Matchbox He-111H. This kit was released during the 1970's (it's older than me by 3 yrs I think). The panel lines were recessed but it looked more like trenches than lines. 1st thing I did was to fill all of the trenches with putty and CA and re-scribed the whole kit. Except for that, I did not do anything else on the kit. I used superscale decals I got from Graham Boak (thanks!). Since I don't have any Dessert Schemes yet in my shelf, I chose this scheme... Hope you like it! Kit courtesy of my clubmate at IPMS Philippines BA --> Monchit (thanks!!!).

KeroJP8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Seine-et-Marne, France
KitMaker: 439 posts
AeroScale: 69 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 01:56 PM UTC
Hi all,

Here is my entry for the MOM April 2006. It is the huge Revell 1/48 B-1B. I added resin exhaust nozzles, ECM pods, Jdams, and PE in the cockpit and on the main landing gear. The decals are also aftermarket ones.
I also scratched the rotary launchers in the bombbays, using Revell parts as a base

In case you missed it, the whole thing is dealt with here :
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/62312&page=1

Best regards,

Richard
CPTKelley
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 02:04 PM UTC
This is Hasegawa's recently released McDonnell-Douglass F/A-18E Super Hornet as assigned to VFA-27, the Royal Maces. Built Out of the Box. Resin pilot figure is from CMK, and flight deck section is from Custom Dioramics .Airbrushed with custom-mixed Tamiya Acrylics through an Iwata HP-C.Most of the loadout is from the Hasegawa Weapons Set "D".

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:55 AM UTC
This is Hasegawa's 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109E III/JG26 June 1940.
1. Built OOB
2. Painted with Xtracolor enamels.
3. Kit markings.
4. Washed with artist oils and white spirit, paint chipping with silver pencil.
5. Antenna wire added from smoke coloured invisible mending thread.

Mal
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 04:24 AM UTC
Trumpeter's 1/32 ME-262a, built for ObrstLt. Heinz Bar.
Built OOB except for Eagle Cal decals.
Painted almost exclusively with Polly Scale, and lightly weathered befitting a CO's personal mount.

jetprovost
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 111 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 05:01 PM UTC
Vac form, 1/144the Scale Welsh Models Hunting Percival Pembroke C Mk1. Built straight out of the pack with some extra detailing around the undercarriage. Painted with Humbrol enamels and coated with clear.

Good luck everyone!
Harri

_GOTOTOP